My Outlandish ,speculations on what Traktor Hardware Native Instruments will put out. - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Noone is hating on the Traktor software here (except their sneaky restrictions like jog wheels and remix decks). Traktor software and sound cards are used widely in the pro-level environment, but their fragile plastic all-in-ones are nowhere to be seen.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

YMMV but my S4 has done nearly 700 gigs (i know this as my accounts show me how many gigs I do per annum).
    This doesn't include home use. It has been an amazing piece of kit that has been thrown around clubs in a drunken haze and my flight case has tumbled down steps etc.

I know a guy that has been through about 4 X1's and 3 Audio8's but he, in his own admission is a total button punisher.
    Yeah they are plastic, but they are cheap and affordable. I guess that's a trade off.

I personally do not know how anyone can wreck an X1 within a short space of time but I have seen people ragging on knobs on every kind of controller and mixer and of if you rag on a knob it will break, even if it's an A&H and especially Pioneer.

I think NI are victims of their own success and that is no bad thing.

Tech Guru

If they were so successful, they wouldn't need to lock down timecode and jog wheels forcing people to buy an S4, and the same with remix decks and the F1.

Edit: And are NI restricting manufacturers even further by blocking the release of new controllers? When was the last time a dedicated controller designed specifically for Traktor was released?
    Everything seems to come with Serato these days.
    Last edited by makar1; 05-10-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNerd View Post
    I thought the same thing about the mixer, and they released a Z2...to me, once they do that, everything is on the table.

I can see something that integrates with either or both...plug your iPad into the mixer via USB and everything going on on the player will be displayed in Traktor DJ on the iPad...anything you do (e.g., X-Y FX pad for FX) gets reflected on the player...
    ?? how can u claim the Z2 as out of the ordinary. NI was already a hardware producer with the S4 and S2 and already making audio/sound cards... the z2 wasnt that far off. they needed to the vinyl DJs in the market too.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    If they were so successful, they wouldn't need to lock down timecode and jog wheels forcing people to buy an S4, and the same with remix decks and the F1.
    I don't understand the logic here? Wouldn't a cynic say that part of their success is due to locking people into a software/hardware bundle (like Apple).
    Despite that, their success is undoubted.

Edit: And are NI restricting manufacturers even further by blocking the release of new controllers? When was the last time a dedicated controller designed specifically for Traktor was released?
    Everything seems to come with Serato these days.
    I don't think NI can block anyone. Serato have made new software (Serato DJ) therefore there is a clamour for more Serato based hardware.
    I thought there had been plenty of Traktor controllers? A&H, Pioneer, Denon at the very least surely..?

Plus, there is nothing stopping anyone mapping a controller to Traktor, apart from (fully) the remix decks maybe but, they 'are' NI's remix decks after all.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

More damn modifiers and condition slots!

Banned

Okay I'll be the one to say it, does anyone else tire of the absolutely insane NI ass-kissing done by and encouraged by some of the mods? Other people do it as well, but I have to point out that the mods have specifically sated that they have to encourage this sort of thing for DJTT's business plan. Can we at least get better at calling them out on it, guys?

The bullocks being spewed by karlos santos right now is fucking world-class.

Noone is hating on the Traktor software here (except their sneaky restrictions like jog wheels and remix decks). Traktor software and sound cards are used widely in the pro-level environment, but their fragile plastic all-in-ones are nowhere to be seen.
    have you even used an s4? ive had my s4 for 2 years, actually used it out in clubs (not a bedroom like most haters do) and its survived plenty of use and spills. get out of here.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Quote Originally Posted by octostout View Post
    Okay I'll be the one to say it, does anyone else tire of the absolutely insane NI ass-kissing done by and encouraged by some of the mods? Other people do it as well, but I have to point out that the mods have specifically sated that they have to encourage this sort of thing for DJTT's business plan. Can we at least get better at calling them out on it, guys?

before u spew nonsense and put words in mods posts, please cite ur sources, or gtfo.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by octostout View Post

I'm sure life would be much easier for you if everyone would just stfu and agree with your opinion but opinions differ. If he's satisfied with his gear what do you expect him to say? Where have they said they have to promote Traktor as part of DJTT's business plan?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast