My Outlandish ,speculations on what Traktor Hardware Native Instruments will put out.
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default My Outlandish ,speculations on what Traktor Hardware Native Instruments will put out.

I had a few thoughts that had been floating around in my brain finally coalesce while I was participating in a couple of posts regarding base model Pioneer CDjs, XDJ-Aero, and speculation on the yet to be releases XDJ-R1 and "Remotebox".

The thoughts are centered around what will NI do next with Traktor. They introduced the Z2..ok, that was interesting. Then Traktor DJ for iPad...much in demand and expected given the competition. Pioneer put out the XDJ-Aero which is an all in one media player that can play tunes remotely over wifi using rekordbox or off a USB stick. Along with the CDJ2000 nexus with rekordbox and wifi support. What I am seeing is a trend to embrace the digital workflow rather than the "analog" workflow: e.g., vinyl and CDjs.

In that light, I would love to see a few things come from Native Instruments:

1) a modular Kontrol (e.g., Kontrol R2) that is a dedicated FX processor like the RMX1000. It would not simply be a MIDI controller, it would have built-in emulation of Traktor's FX, and Macro FX, and hopefully some isolator and release FX like in the RMX. It could control the FX units in Traktor using it as a midi divide, or standalone paired with a mixer with RCA & 1/4" jacks to process the audio signal. The key is that this could either be a pure FX processor like the RMX1000 by emulating traktors FX (like the Z2 emulates the EQs and filters) or it could be an FX controller (over HID/MIDI) for traktor's FX and enable access/full control over new Traktor FX unit features (e.g., Isoloator FX, release FX, etc.) as the F1 did with Remix Decks.

2) I could see NI looking into creating a media player (e.g., Kontrol P1) that runs the internal traktor algorithms emulated in hardware and play digital media files off a USB and do something like "dropbox sync" over wifi, or just export the library to the USB to keep cues, loops etc up to date. It would support hot cues, loops, waveform display etc. and be linkable to other such controllers to enable SYNC, library sharing off a single USB etc.

3)...i'll leave that open
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

I seriously doubt Native Instruments will be creating the proprietary and expensive computer hardware necessary to run these devices, rather they will continue to leverage the computer technology that people who use their products already own: personal computers and iPads.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I seriously doubt Native Instruments will be creating the computer hardware necessary to run these devices, rather they will continue to leverage the computer technology that people who use their products already own: personal computers and iPads.
    I thought the same thing about the mixer, and they released a Z2...to me, once they do that, everything is on the table.

I can see something that integrates with either or both...plug your iPad into the mixer via USB and everything going on on the player will be displayed in Traktor DJ on the iPad...anything you do (e.g., X-Y FX pad for FX) gets reflected on the player...
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Banned

Really? This is probably the farthest from a safe prediction that you could guess.... I can say with near 100% certainty that neither of these things will happen in the foreseeable future.

Tech Mentor

In my (completely blind) view, well if I was them, I would bring out a 1 of 3 things.

1. Single deck media player - Reloop Contour kinda thing - jog wheel on an X1. People love Modular, and anything they can sell which will complement their other hardware, and also tie you in to the software.

2. Z4. Just the natural progression, where they will address issues with the Z2.

3. Now that the S4 is looking old and tired compared to the new DDJ-SX and NS7-II, they might look to revamp it. Not that the S4 really needs it, as apart from booth out, it still has everything required, but people see it less and less now as 'top of the range'. NI might bring out a new flagship controller with the same pads used on the machine, and metal construction (DDJ-SX with NI logo).

But these are all complete stabs in the dark, and I am close to getting a Z2, but intrigued what they will release next. Anyone know the time of year that NI tend to release?

Here's my far-fetched hope for the specs on an upcoming s4 mk2:

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    deep down inside i hope NI to redesign the whole thing from the ground up. Bigger full metal case design, USB 3.0 NHL support, Bigger jogwheels with settable magnetic breaking and rotation indication lighting, full sized velocity sensitive RGB pads, two color displays on top of the decks with full settings of what's displayed (realtime waveform, track names, effect parameters), two x-pads or one xy pad, asymmetrical layout (à-la pioneer controller style), touch sensitive rotary encoders & EQ knobs with LEDs around them (like the ns7 II).
    With the current tech, it IS possible to do. And they'd pretty much monopolyze the whole controller industry with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyNerd View Post
    2) I could see NI looking into creating a media player (e.g., Kontrol P1) that runs the internal traktor algorithms emulated in hardware and play digital media files off a USB and do something like "dropbox sync" over wifi, or just export the library to the USB to keep cues, loops etc up to date. It would support hot cues, loops, waveform display etc. and be linkable to other such controllers to enable SYNC, library sharing off a single USB etc.
    Too much r&d involved to make a mobile device of this caliber. I'm dubious NI would venture into such a territory while still keeping its price down...
    Last edited by Polygon; 05-10-2013 at 03:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Everything NI release is software dependant which is what they're best at. They have little incentive to make Traktor redundant, and their hardware isn't anywhere close to competing with existing standalone gear.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Everything NI release is software dependant which is what they're best at. They have little incentive to make Traktor redundant,
    This is exactly right. Traktor is the heart of what NI do regarding the DJ division

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    and their hardware isn't anywhere close to competing with existing standalone gear.
    This I would disagree with, with the exception of mixers (the Z2 is no game changer).

Maschine is the THE beat machine these days and the S4 is amazing at the price it comes in at (with Traktor Pro) and has sold bucket loads. And, lets not forget that the X1 was an amazing controller (still is) which is has been a complete and utter competition killer.

Tech Guru

The Z2 is said to be their best device so far build-quality wise, and even that doesn't match up to a decent hardware mixer. I've had MIDI issues with my Maschine and have been told by Support that it's a design flaw and there's nothing they can do.

And the S4 is in real need of an update, unless they plan on continuing to lower the price. Jogs are horrible and can easily shut down a whole deck when they malfunction. The small round buttons are awful and often don't work properly. There's a new post almost every day complaining about the faders. And for some reason, they can't manage to have a reliable headphone socket which they've managed to implement just fine on the low-end Audio 2.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I wouldn't mind a 4 deck X1 that would be pretty cool.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast