Cheap Alternative to Kontrol X1? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Indeed. It also has interesting firmware similar to MIDIfighters that sends extra note if you hold all four pads in any row or colon.

Instant Gratification mapping for the MF should be compact.

remember
    Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    should
    this post could have been made a year ago..
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Mentor

I'll jump on the used x1 train.
    Around $120 is the cheapest on guitar center now
    http://used.guitarcenter.com

Tech Mentor

Just to put a new slant on this thread I'm gonna say ......... a used BCD3000
    Solid build with more buttons and knobs than an X1 to map and a soundcard built in too.

Just about any of the early controllers from that generation with EQ knobs and buttons can be mapped to do what the X1 does with buttons and knobs to spare tho tbqh. I still use a BCD2000 in my setup, mapped much like an X1 to control FX, timecode modes, gains, browsing, loading, key, stop/play ... etc and a few silly extra FX shenanigans with the faders, cos I had no other use for them

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I wouldn't call a BCD solid in the construction department. It's knob are decentish but faders and buttons are rubbish, It's soundcard is subpar on anything bigger than a small bar and I found it quite temperamental in the almost 2 years I gigged with one. It was a nice unit in it's day but there are way better options nowadays. I'd go for a used X1 or LPD8 (with taller knob caps).

The local shop I buy from here says theyll have the cmd's on the 27th
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

BCD3000 feels cheap, sounds cheap but has the smartest control layout I've ever seen for a device that little!

Quote Originally Posted by MRG12EG View Post
    allen and heath - k2

built in audio interface as well
    I like the Xone:K2 and all, but the OP was asking for a cheap alternative to the X1 and the K2, last I checked, costs more than the X1.

If you need a sound interface as well, then the K2 is a nice option and has lots of controls, but if you are looking for cheap, then consider something else.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Tech Mentor

A lot cheaper, and not as nice or feature packed, but the LPD8 is £30 new and does a job as an extra controller

Quote Originally Posted by Big Panda View Post
    A lot cheaper, and not as nice or feature packed, but the LPD8 is £30 new and does a job as an extra controller
    An LPD-8 is a nice cheap alternative. Also, if you don't mind the workflow, a Novation Launchpad is not a bad MIDI controller for the price. I had mine mapped for 2 decks with basic transport, hot cues 1-8, multiple loop sizes, 2 FX units, EQs, and a mini instant-Gratification-like mapping PLUS I had traktor sending Deck A & B levels and mapped them to 4 of the pad less (bottom 2 green, 3rd one yellow, top one red) to see the rough deck levels.

You really do get a lot of controls for the money, you just have to be willing to use a button-based workflow vs. a knobs and fader workflow.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12