DJ Mix Review Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DJ Mix Review Community

So Im sure most of us here know the disappointment of taking the time of submitting artistic content to a community of your fellow artists (whether it be a mix, a created track, a photo, etc) and not getting any feedback on it.

Its part of the game though. If you want to get out there its 2 parts...being very talented and sometimes very hardworking in regards to self promo. (i.e. cant just expect to submit a mix out there on the vast interwebz and expect to get a ton of comments/feedback even if it is great....or...shit)

However, I was wondering if there any communities out there that are specifically geared for feedback. Soundcloud is amazing but I mean somewhere you go to get consistent feedback. Im sure there is even a market out there for this. A sort of monthly fee sort of deal where artists submitted their content and had it reviewed by people in the industry or with at least an experienced wrap sheet. You would have standard criteria that would be considered and anything you specifically also ask for.

Anybody know if there is anything out there like this.
    Last edited by rvltion909; 09-06-2009 at 12:57 AM.
    http://soundcloud.com/rvltion909

...chasing beats through ghetto streets...

Tech Guru

try http://www.mixupload.com/

i've posted a couple sets on there and always get feedback. pretty cool site for sharing mixes.

honestly i wouldn't put too much stock in how people on forums respond to your work. I've posted sets on forums that generated ZERO feedback (like this forum lol), and those same sets got me nods from movers and shakers in the scene creating a slew of new business contacts and networking opportunities with reputable artists and promoters.

send your mixes to blogs, that's where it's at man. don't sweat the small potatoes !
    Last edited by wrong chris; 09-06-2009 at 03:11 AM.

can you imagine how many dj mixes the blog managers/writers get a day? Youve gotta wow them just like anyone else.. !!!!!
    all these colors all this metal all this colored mental .. is just sun.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by audiomontana View Post
    can you imagine how many dj mixes the blog managers/writers get a day? Youve gotta wow them just like anyone else.. !!!!!
    exactly. but the difference between sending your material to blogs as oppose to forums is that the dj mixes will get listened to because that's the job of whoever is running the blog. With forums it's not the member's responsibility to review each others material so you can see why it's much more hit and miss. I mean honestly how many of us actually take the time to listen to every single mix posted by an unknown dj on the forums we frequent? I can't speak for everyone but I know that I usually can't be bothered most the time so by the same token I don't expect others to review every thing I post on forums. With that said, there is still value in using all the facets available to sharing your material even if some are more effective than others.
    Last edited by wrong chris; 09-06-2009 at 03:45 PM.

right .. wow factor .. if it was my job .. to listen to music all day and pick what's going to get promoted, played, re-issued, and hosted. Id have a very heavy criteria as to what I actually let myself listen to for those "job" hours of the day. I mean uhmmmmmm... but? if I ws getting paid ... that would sort of be up to some sort-0!o content programmer. Like RPM or something. he he. or I guess what is getting paid.. and getting paid how .. by what means ... whats the trade off and what dimension do assets acrue in.
    Last edited by audiomontana; 09-06-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Tech Guru

lol if your doing a blog hosting/writing job to get cash payment you'd be in the wrong line of work my friend ... pretty sure the majority of the blog guys just do it as a way of free advertising for themselves and their crew/associates and a way to enhance their network and business contacts under the guise of "serving the music community"

labor of love more than anything else, but still a labor

'right!.. and those mixes and saying something?..... !WOW! ... its like putting a secret package in line with all those bills.. when he/she/it is stackin them ends. end to end to end. pitch bend. send.. blend emit tracking meta .. trend.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    lol if your doing a blog hosting/writing job to get cash payment you'd be in the wrong line of work my friend ... pretty sure the majority of the blog guys just do it as a way of free advertising for themselves and their crew/associates and a way to enhance their network and business contacts under the guise of "serving the music community"

labor of love more than anything else, but still a labor

Totally off topic but i couldn't find where i downloaded your last mix from Chris and i tend to not listen to stuff on the ipod in order so it can be a while before it comes round.... It's now been favourited, i love the way it takes in so many genres and tunes that it never gets boring, i kept having to check i was listening to the same mix every twenty minutes....

Cheers
    D

I spend a good 30 mins a day modding tracks and mixes on our soundcloud group. have delegated to another guy on the crew to help out but its still a mission
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by S4racen View Post
    Totally off topic but i couldn't find where i downloaded your last mix from Chris and i tend to not listen to stuff on the ipod in order so it can be a while before it comes round.... It's now been favourited, i love the way it takes in so many genres and tunes that it never gets boring, i kept having to check i was listening to the same mix every twenty minutes....

Cheers
    D
    wicked, glad you enjoyed it bro!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast