Noob File Orgainasation Question with Tracktor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Noob File Orgainasation Question with Tracktor

Ok bear with me quick question my music files are organized through iTunes with various playlists for genre.
    To get the tracks analyzed and use them quickly in Tracktor I then copy the playlists to Tracktor’s library and analyze the folder.

What I want to know is there a quick way of adding tracks to the Tracktor play list after I have added them to iTunes plays list rather than individually transporting them and analyzing them into the Traktor every time I add a song to the ITunes play list.

Example
    I have tracks A B C in a Playlist called House both in my Traktor library and my ITunes Library if I add say a Song D E F just to the iTunes library is there a quick way to then update the Tractor playlist.

Import the playlist to Traktor. In your case if the playlist is called "House" then Traktor will label it "House2" as it already has a playlist called "House". Then just delete the original "House" playlist in Traktor and rename "House2" to "House". I do this all the time with my downtempo playlist as it's constantly changing.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Tech Mentor

I thought this may be the way to do it as I have already found that Traktor replaicates the playlist with the title change, it just means you have to analyze the playlist again.

Or just delete the old playlist before importing the updated one, then no messing about with changing names.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

I think the OP is looking for a way at not re-analysing the entire playlist though? Just the freshly imported tracks?
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Wait - Traktor will need to re-analzye ALL the tracks in that playlist, not just the newly added ones? So adding 1 track to a 99 track playlist will result in having to wait for 100 tracks to be analyzed?

That's crap.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Nope, if you delete a playlist, them re-import the same playlist from iTunes with say 10 new tracks, it will only analyse those 10 new tracks.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Groovy. Whereabouts in Bristol are you, mate?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Thanks Robdquick thats exactly what I wanted to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Groovy. Whereabouts in Bristol are you, mate?
    Live in Kingswood. You?

2nd Generation Mobile DJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast