What things should I get as a starting producer? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    AKG K240 MKII Pro, Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro, would be my main 2 preferences.
    I would recommend the DT990 Pro as well - they sound amazing, but they're open headphones so if you ever want to use them on an airplane or a bus or in a car, you're going to be able to hear everyone else through your cans. DT770's are a little more multi-purpose at the expense of being closed ear cans.

tldr: for producing in your room/studio DT990 pro, for anywhere else/even djing DT770 Pro
    Last edited by aseckel; 05-16-2013 at 08:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aseckel View Post
    I would recommend the DT990 Pro as well - they sound amazing, but they're open headphones so if you ever want to use them on an airplane or a bus or in a car, you're going to be able to hear everyone else through your cans. DT770's are a little more multi-purpose at the expense of being closed ear cans.

tldr: for producing in your room/studio DT990 pro, for anywhere else/even djing DT770 Pro
    Yeah I was going to point out the difference between the 2 models, closed cans (770) can have a bassier effect, where it sounds as if it is amplifying the lower end, if you listen closely, it actually isn't, but it appears so because of the slower moving/resonating bass (due to them being closed). The ideal choice between the 770 and 990 is the 880, hah. They're semi-opened, so it sort of gives you the best of both, I guess.

I love my AIAIAI for both dj'ing and producing. LOUD and FULL range. Hit hard without any bass reverb that will make it sound muddy.

around $150-200
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345