Booked for a Disco - Nu Disco djset.. need help!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Booked for a Disco - Nu Disco djset.. need help!!

Hi all guys, this is my first post in djtt forum but since I visit this website a lot I figured maybe some of you can help out
    So I've been booked in a Club and I would like to do some Disco - Nu Disco - House music.
    I like this genre but I've not too many tracks.. I would like to create a fresh sound but using as well some old music song remixed.. kinda new daft punk single or maybe something like starky and hutch remix or Boney M.. (nsomething like hed kandi too)
    Any ideas where I can buy this kind of music?
    Can you suggest me how should I look for this tracks like, should I look for Le Freak Remix or something like..

Thanks in advance for the support

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by federico View Post
    Hi all guys, this is my first post in djtt forum but since I visit this website a lot I figured maybe some of you can help out
    So I've been booked in a Club and I would like to do some Disco - Nu Disco - House music.
    I like this genre but I've not too many tracks.. I would like to create a fresh sound but using as well some old music song remixed.. kinda new daft punk single or maybe something like starky and hutch remix or Boney M.. (nsomething like hed kandi too)
    Any ideas where I can buy this kind of music?
    Can you suggest me how should I look for this tracks like, should I look for Le Freak Remix or something like..

Thanks in advance for the support
    For the nu-disco, Traxsource.com is your friend
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

I think if I was doing a disco/nu-disco/house set and I didnt have any tunes of this genre I would be picking up some Z Records compilations, basically anything that Joey Negro has worked his magic on. Should be enough to get you started.

If find that one i start dropping these into the basket on Beatport the recommendations then take me to similar but different artists

comeme label has some cool artists too.
    Stuff that Todd Terje, Prins Thomas, Bjorn Torske,... play and produce are good too.

Tech Convert

that's sounds nice..
    Thanks for the advices guys..
    I'll search straight away.. will let know if I find something interesting..

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

There is a nu disco thread somewhere and there is alo a Nu Disco Mix Train that some of us did. Have a search for the mix in the mixes thread. It will be a good start for you.

Tech Guru

The mix train ran out of steam unfortunately. Loads of good nu disco out there. Don't just be looking at recent stuff. There's been amazing edits and original tracks coming out for almost a decade within this genre.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

Tech Guru

That probably wasn't particularly useful for you though. Have a listen to some of Greg Wilson's mixes on sound cloud or check out his website. Should open up some artists and ideas.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

check beats in space/Tim Sweeney, there are a lot of good dj's that played a set and you can find their playlist as well.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Kem View Post
    The mix train ran out of steam unfortunately. Loads of good nu disco out there. Don't just be looking at recent stuff. There's been amazing edits and original tracks coming out for almost a decade within this genre.
    We did complete a mix train. The mix was rather fine.

Greg Wilson did the first televised edit of a track and the first beatmatched mix ever on uk TV in 1983... We are talking over 30 years now.
    He has a ton of his old and new sets on soundcloud. A good starting point.

+1 for Beats In Space. It's treasure trove of mixes. Check for: Dr Dunks (rub n tug). DJ Harvey. Rory Phillips . Ooft. Holy Ghost!. Todd Terje oh man the list goes on
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 05-15-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast