Future of Djing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future of Djing

Default Future of Djing

Just somewhere were you can post your opinions and ideas of where you think djing is heading. Whether its the type of music genre or the gear we use.

Do you think everything will be using touch screen controllers and CD-J's will be a thing of the past? Will live performance and sampling become more popular?

Just interested to hear what people have to say!

Tech Mentor

Controllers will probably take over in the long run. But as I said before, you don't see many controllers in Copenhagen. Many people here play strictly vinyl.
    http://www.mixcloud.com/Olsgaard/
    House/Techno Dj from Denmark

Another day, another "future of DJing" thread.

Cue makar1 and octoscout preaching about how CDJs will never be replaced, and me, Stewe and Karlos pushing the controllerist agenda.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Another day, another "future of DJing" thread.

Cue makar1 and octoscout preaching about how CDJs will never be replaced, and me, Stewe and Karlos pushing the controllerist agenda.

/thread
    Can I push controllers too? I want to be in a clique!

I think that whilst the gear will change, the principles at it's core will stay the same.

2 TT's/CDJ/Decks of some sort and mixer. And an effects unit unless the mixer's ones are utilised.

I think that whilst we can chuck as much gear at the DJ'ing game as we want and some cool stuff arises, the basic layout and the way DJ's work play their tracks back will remain pretty constant. Mind you i'd guess theres been more of a shakeup to what DJ'ing is all about in the past 5 years than ever before.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Can I push controllers too? I want to be in a clique!
    I checked through your previous posts and was ALMOST ready to let you in, but then I noticed you posted a thread asking which Pioneer mixer to buy Tut tut.

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    I checked through your previous posts and was ALMOST ready to let you in, but then I noticed you posted a thread asking which Pioneer mixer to buy Tut tut.
    That one is actually currently up in the air.. I saw a really well done DB:2 video and I think I'm in love..

EDIT: Well done as in it showed the features in detail.

Tech Mentor

Computers will take over and render the DJs useless... eventually

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Big Panda View Post
    Computers will take over and render the DJs useless... eventually
    Computers can't read a crowd or present a specific view of a genre as a DJ can.

As for computers just playing music, and mixing it, the technology is already there. It's called "radio"

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    Computers can't read a crowd or present a specific view of a genre as a DJ can.
    Yet :P

(Sorry I am bored and semi trolling / semi serious, the extent to which technology will develop in theory can be enough so that it can express feelings and emotion, and also read that of other. But yes, that is a fair bit into the future, probably not as far as we might hope though.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast