Good speakers for just listening, should I??
    Tech Guru

Default Good speakers for just listening, should I??

Hi,
    I'm a dj but not a producer. I use a windows notebook to find, edit and listen to my tracks.
    Obviously, it doesn't have a good pair of speakers, what makes it hard to me to know which track HAS some Fat Bass and which just seems to.
    I edit my tracks on Audition and Ableton, so I need some clear sound sometimes.
    I'm thinking about buying a KRK Rokit 5 single speaker just to make track listening more conclusive, as I use my car speakers to do the job right now.
    So, should I buy a single speaker? or two? or two + KRK subwoofer? Or KRK is too good for someone who is not producing at all?
    And, my notebook is a HP-G42 (very bad one). Being a noob notebook, does it has bad quality audio at the headphone exit? or it doesnt matter on the quality of the notebook? And one more question, if I buy one or more speakers, I should just buy some adapters and I'm ready to go??
    I think you guys know a lot more than me about this hehehe I need some help

Thanks!
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Tech Guru

For listening I really recommend these http://audioengineusa.com/

The 5+'s are the best speakers I've heard for the price.

Tech Mentor

Laptop's tend to have very basic DAC's (digital to audio converters) simple externals DAC like this improve the sound

http://www.nuforce.com/index.php?opt...d=4&Itemid=759

I would be looking at getting something like this and adding in to some powered hi fi speakers for listening to Music rather than studio monitors like the Krk's which are designed to give a fairly flat response for accurate production, mastering.
    Last edited by slinkydisc; 05-15-2013 at 03:12 AM.

Tech Guru

Use headphones? That's the best way to hear the very low end without getting a sub.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Use headphones? That's the best way to hear the very low end without getting a sub.
    This. Get some m50s and you'll be good to go
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by slinkydisc View Post
    Laptop's tend to have very basic DAC's (digital to audio converters) simple externals DAC like this improve the sound

http://www.nuforce.com/index.php?opt...d=4&Itemid=759

I would be looking at getting something like this and adding in to some powered hi fi speakers for listening to Music rather than studio monitors like the Krk's which are designed to give a fairly flat response for accurate production, mastering.
    Yes, that's what I was talking about, my laptop's "DAC" must be very lame hehehe I used it before on some good speakers and a 320kbps track sounded like 96kbps. Thats some good info! Thanks!

Can you give me some exemples of hi fi speakers?? I really know very little about this things.. sorry

And I tried headphones but, I want to hear all my music, all the time in high quality, I don't want to spend hours using headphones.
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag