I'm right about to buy two QSC K12s... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    if you need a sub and tops package on a budget for the EV ELX line. 12 inch tops and sub comes to about 1550.00

I've read mixed reviews on the ZLX. Honestly they are too new to really consider them a safe purchase and I doubt they were meant to compete with the QSC K series.

K-12's are the standard. I think with two tops you could throw a decent indoor house party, but if money is tight I'd go the ELX route. For the extra 200 bucks you'll get a much more complete system.
    Err, the ELX 112P seem to run at about 600$ each, and the matching powered 18 at 800$, that's 2000$. unless there is somewhere I could get all that with about 500$ knocked off?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by grandlethal View Post
    Err, the ELX 112P seem to run at about 600$ each, and the matching powered 18 at 800$, that's 2000$. unless there is somewhere I could get all that with about 500$ knocked off?
    Call various places and get their best price. If you pay retail you're getting taken. You can get a minimum of 20% off at any high-volume retailer.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Quote Originally Posted by brocklambert View Post
    Call various places and get their best price. If you pay retail you're getting taken. You can get a minimum of 20% off at any high-volume retailer.
    So the ELX set up would be better overall considering that if I get the QSC's I won't have money for a sub for a loooonnnggg time.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by grandlethal View Post
    So the ELX set up would be better overall considering that if I get the QSC's I won't have money for a sub for a loooonnnggg time.
    The QSC's are incredible speakers... but without a sub you will be wanting more. I have the ELX 15's, 12's and 18's. For the money, it's pretty hard to beat the quality. Two ELX112P's and an EXL118P would be a great starter kit, especially if you can them discounted.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

Depending on how "handy" you are, you could always build yourself a relatively compact and insanely powerful sub for like $200... do some research on tapped horn enclosures. A 12" (or even dual 8") high-extension driver, some of which are available for peanuts - especially if your primary concern is volume rather than quality - can be taken down to 30-70Hz in a tapped horn setup.

Tech Guru

Sorry to jump on the thread but what does everyone think of the K8s for home monitoring? Compared to speakers and Amp or studio monitors. I'll start a thread if you think I should OP

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    Sorry to jump on the thread but what does everyone think of the K8s for home monitoring? Compared to speakers and Amp or studio monitors. I'll start a thread if you think I should OP
    I'd just get studio monitors if you are only using them at home. You can get a proper monitor setup + sub for the price of the K8's. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    monitoring for what?

if anything production related then no way. overkill for DJing when you would probably be better off and it will definitely sound better with cheaper monitors and a sub over just k8s.

You will never regret the QSC purchase. They sound AMAZING! Use them for now and get a sub ASAP. Like the QSC K181. I have the K10/K181 combo and its absolutely amazing.

ZLX line had been recalled. I run ELX112P w/ ZXA-1 sub, couldn't justify lugging ELX118P around and taking up space.

PLEASE NOTE that QSC engineers coverage patterns into their line. K12 is for long throw applications (75 degrees of coverage). I feel like too many consumers are ignoring this and buying the wrong speakers for their commonly used application.
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast