Apple MacBook 13.3" vs Ultrabook - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    Buy the Mac and dual boot a windows partition... Problem solved
    Yeah, that's a good idea. Apparently windows runs the most stable on Macs so you get the best of both worlds!
    CHECK OUT MY MIXES! - MIXCRATE - SOUNDCLOUD

Tech Guru

Traktor runs nicely on the Windows partion on my Air with 0 optimisation
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

The Ultrabook will absolutely ANNIHILATE the MacBook. Plus, if you're really set on using OS X (fuck knows why you would be) you can always install it on the Ultrabook.

Tech Guru

The Novatech has a better processor (not necessary for Traktor) and 1 additional USB port.

The Macbook has a better screen, keyboard, trackpad, build quality, and the price difference leaves you with plenty of money for an SSD which you can install alongside the existing HDD.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

If you're getting an ultrabook, you should definitely be getting one from a name brand since the chance of you being able to service one is slim.

I'm not a fan of Apple at all, but it's the better choice in this situation.

Novatech's a large custom computer company in the South of the Uk with very good customer service, I have bought a computer from them before and you cant get any more for your money with the prices they do. Ill probably go with the Ultrabook at its better specs and more 'future proof'

let me ask you guys this can you name Famous Dj's that use a laptop that DOES'NT use a Macbook? this should be a short list

I'd take that older Macbook over the Ultrabook anyday. Stability and Support of OSX wins. Damn that half eaten fruit....

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    if you're really set on using OS X (fuck knows why you would be) you can always install it on the Ultrabook.
    Why would you want to use windows 8.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Wizard

@jacksoe12 I think mostly it's what Operating System you prefer. Both Mac and Windows Computers if you take care of them and not overload will be just fine
    Xone92 | 2x Technics SL-1210MK2 | 2x CDJ2000 | Audio10 | X1 | Macbook Pro 13'' | TSP 2.6

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    let me ask you guys this can you name Famous Dj's that use a laptop that DOES'NT use a Macbook? this should be a short list

I'd take that older Macbook over the Ultrabook anyday. Stability and Support of OSX wins. Damn that half eaten fruit....
    Let me see....

Faust and shortee!
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast