with Traktor- How are the 'cue points/grid' and 'Mp3 file' linked in the file system?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default with Traktor- How are the 'cue points/grid' and 'Mp3 file' linked in the file system?

with Traktor - How are the 'cue points/grids' and 'Mp3 file' linked in the computer file system?

If i rearrange my track collection on another computer by copying the files..

and send the mp3 back to my laptop, by overwriting the mp3 files with identical named mp3 files, will they still have cue points and tempo grids?

What links the cue points etc and the mp3

Is it recognition of the mp3 file?
    recognition of the mp3 file location or name?
    or nothing once its overwritten I have to set up cues again?

how does it work?

Cheers

it is embedded within the files' ID3 tags. You can rename that track and move to it to another computer. it will still have the cuepoints and beatgrid. just make sure you put the "analysis lock" on the track.

Tech Mentor

Cheers bud

I'm not sure that's actually true anymore... Traktor - as far as I know - stopped writing into the tags some time between Traktor 3 and TP2, not sure when exactly.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    I'm not sure that's actually true anymore... Traktor - as far as I know - stopped writing into the tags some time between Traktor 3 and TP2, not sure when exactly.
    Let's test it. I'll send you one of my prepped tracks and you can load into Traktor on your computer. You should see the cuepoints,loops and beatgrid set.

I'll PM you a dropbox link to a song in a few minutes.

Tech Guru

Traktor still modifies the ID3 tag of every file you load, and any changes you make (e.g. adding a cue point) will cause the MP3 file to be modified.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    Let's test it. I'll send you one of my prepped tracks and you can load into Traktor on your computer. You should see the cuepoints,loops and beatgrid set.

I'll PM you a dropbox link to a song in a few minutes.
    sent. let me know once you load it in Traktor.

Tech Guru

Just tested copying an MP3 from my desktop to my laptop, the cue points were not preserved.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Just tested copying an MP3 from my desktop to my laptop, the cue points were not preserved.
    Did you have the "Analysis Lock" on the file?

Tech Guru

sent. let me know once you load it in Traktor.
    Tested the file you sent, and unlike the MP3 file I copied across between my computers, yours had cuepoints saved within the MP3.

Was there anything specific you did to get them to save? Were they prepped in an older Traktor version?

Did you have the "Analysis Lock" on the file?
    Will try this now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast