Can anyone reccommend a good DJ decks for a beginner? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by octostout View Post
    By far. I just mean on this forum.... Because it's populated mostly by bedroom DJs.
    Tbh I don't understand this belief that controllers aren't used in clubs... someone should start a "controller spotting" thread tbh, would prove VERY quickly just how wrong that idea is.

Hell, here's TWO Kontrol S2s being used in a venue that was absolutely jam-packed:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...37034884_o.jpg
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I never said they didn't, just that controllers get used a lot these days too
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

How come a lot threads theses days end up in a pissing match of some sort?

This thread went from helping the OP decide what to start with, to crap about what is used in clubs. Really??
    If you want to argue those points how about starting a new thread. Or post in one of the many threads where it has already been discussed ad naseum.

The OP was looking for a little guidance from those with more knowledge/experience about what equipment is good for a beginning DJ. How about giving some more information on why you recommend something, or why you disagree with some one else's opinion on what to start with. You know information the OP can actually use to make a decision.

In case you missed it.........
    Quote Originally Posted by denniswright108 View Post
    Looking to start djing but not sure where to start with dj equipment, any help would be great!

Its the same 3 people over and over and over again. Cant you lot just open up your own facebook group and fuck off over there with your tedious and tiresome argument?

Some people use controllers, some use CDJ's. Get over yourselves.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    Its the same 3 people over and over and over again. Cant you lot just open up your own facebook group and fuck off over there with your tedious and tiresome argument?

Some people use controllers, some use CDJ's. Get over yourselves.
    +1 Yuuppp...

any deck is good for a beginner because you don't know anything and need to learn everything.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robbyluca View Post
    First of all, do you want to use softwares and controllers?
    This. And budget.

Quote Originally Posted by octostout View Post
    You're kidding me. Because I feel like it should be called DJS4tools.
    A lot of us are talking about CDJs now that the 2000's have HID mode with Traktor... But I feel liek all in all, CDJs are the least popular of the three control platforms on this forum, despite being BY FAR the msot popular in the actual industry.
    The only reason I think they are the least popular on the forum is because the models that support MIDI/HID are all quite expensive compared to a MIDI Controller.

they are CDJs though, clue is in the name

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast