Can anyone reccommend a good DJ decks for a beginner? - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Really? Well they were picked off the first page of a google search, so it's not like they don't show up is it?
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Really? You can find them new all over the place. Quick google search in UK shows them up and most of the big DJ gear retailers for around £569.

Anyway, there are a couple on Ebay in the UK, so probably expect around £350-400 to pick one up. The Z2 may be a little more expensive second hand, probably starting around £400.

I have a set of good condition 1210's for sale for £400 (+£30 delivery, comes with coffin case that will hold decks + mixer). This is around what you would expect to pay for such a set, so even if you don't get from me, that would be approximate cost.

So you would be looking at around £800 all in for 2 decks and a mixer, that will still control all your digital music files, as well as play vinyl. Be modular, and therefore easily expandable, and will unlikely depreciate much in value over the next year or so, so you should be able to get back pretty much what you paid should you find you don't like it or whatever.

Of course, you could go for a cheaper controller. Something around £300-£500 price range. Would be okay, but will only let you work digitally. Would most likely be an all in one unit, unlikely to be of such a high quality, and assuming you buy new, will depreciate in value. Then, as you get better, you will want to upgrade again, which will mean a whole new set-up, rather than just adding to it and expanding your existing set-up.

Personally, if you can stretch your budget to a more modular, higher spec set-up, that wont loose you too much money in the long term, I would rather do that than spend a little less money now, and loose more money in the future.

Of course, you could always go for something REALLY cheap to start you off, so you won't loose so much money. Buy a Pioneer wego for £250 to see if you like it, and you will never loose any more than £250. Probably worth £125+ second hand, so will only loose £125 to find out if you will even like being a DJ.

Or buy it second hand, and loose almost nothing to try it. Then upgrade to a more modular set-up.
    Cool, guess I should go for the pioneer wego as like you said i can try it out and see if i like it, then perhaps upgrade at a latter date. 250 is pretty cheap, so that is a good price. Guess ill start to get looking for this pioneer wego, ill check ebay too, but would prefer something first hand just in case something goes wrong with it.

guessing this thread has gone dead, but any advice on the best and cost efficient cd decks around? hoopefully uk based

Quote Originally Posted by xs2man View Post
    Really? Well they were picked off the first page of a google search, so it's not like they don't show up is it?

Tech Guru

CDJ 800 Mk2 (used) are the cheapest decks worth buying.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

A second hand pair of CDJ800mk2s will set you back a minimum of £600; for £465 you can get a pair of brand new Reloop RMP-1 MkIIs.

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/cdpl...h#.UaiLwBxwaUk
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

A second hand pair of CDJ 800 Mk2s will not cost £600. They are regularly listed for £450-500.

The center jog display is a very useful feature for cueing which all the Reloop players lack. And you'll be able to sell the Pioneer decks on for negligible loss in the future, whereas you'd be lucky to get 1/3 of your money back trying to sell Reloop players.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    A second hand pair of CDJ 800 Mk2s will not cost £600. They are regularly listed for £450-500.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_od...00mk2&_sacat=0

You were saying?
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

The BEST decks a beginner can get, is the FIRST pair that comes up that he/she can afford.

Fuckin' jump in with both feet and grab the first affordable ones that you come across!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    You honestly believe 2 Buy It Now listings on Ebay proves your point? Ebay, where their cut is 13% of the transaction?
    All Buy It Now listings are overpriced - which explains why they're still up on the website.

There are plenty of cheaper listings around, you only have to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    The BEST decks a beginner can get, is the FIRST pair that comes up that he/she can afford.

Fuckin' jump in with both feet and grab the first affordable ones that you come across!
    +1 to this.

Personally, if someone had NO DJ experience whatsoever, I'd recommend exactly that; get the cheapest piece of gear available on eBay/Gumtree/Craigslist, as long as it has jogwheels and pitch control. Even if its one of these:

http://www.digitaldjtips.com/wp-cont...ole-mp3-e2.jpg

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast