Can anyone reccommend a good DJ decks for a beginner? - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo9887 View Post
    Firstly learn the basics using virtual dj, After that, you can buy Vestax Spin / Typhoon. they are one of the best controllers for beginners. You will have to change from Virtual DJ to Traktor after buying a controller if u really wanna be a good DJ. It needs lots of practising so good luck.
    Absolutely wrong, I know many great DJs who use VDJ.

My advice? Buy a mixtrack pro and try the demo software to see if you enjoy DJing. Go from there.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo9887 View Post
    Firstly learn the basics using virtual dj, After that, you can buy Vestax Spin / Typhoon. they are one of the best controllers for beginners. You will have to change from Virtual DJ to Traktor after buying a controller if u really wanna be a good DJ. It needs lots of practising so good luck.
    Really? So all these headliners using serato virtual dj are not good Dj's because they are not using traktor?

Honest opinion Mixtracks pro and you can test all the software and demo which work flow works best for you.

First of all, do you want to use softwares and controllers?
    Second, if you eventually plan on moving on to CDJs or Vinyls, then don't look at controllers to "learn" and "practice." Go straight to CDJs or Vinyls. Don't waste time and money.
    Thirdly, is it a home setup? Are you planning on being a club DJ or Mobile DJ or just for fun?

Pretty much what everyone else is saying. It would probably be a good idea to trial many of the different programs out their first. I would trial Traktor, Serato and VDJ and then figure out which one you like most. Then work out a budget for some gear and try and find a controller that comes with the software i.e. Kontrol S2/S4 with Traktor, DDJ-SX with Serato, etc.

I think the Kontrol S2 would be a good place to start and I know from experience. But that's just my opinion, everyone is different. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by firebr4nd View Post
    This is true, it's just that you don't truly know your preferred method of DJing until you've tried em all. I think playing around with all the different types of gear is recommended before you drop some cash, as someone already suggested before.
    +1
    Absolutely...i started on vinyl ages ago...but these days I prefer CDJs or full digital with controllers and Traktor.
    Traktor: Kontrol X1, Kontrol F1, DN-MC3000, DN-X1700
    Ableton: Launchpad, nanoKontrol2, LPK-25, BCR2000

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    sure but remember, that this is djtechtools. and as you might have already experienced the forums are mostly dedicated to digital djing.
    Mate, from half the comments on this forum you'd think it was DJCDJtools.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

or reloopdjforum.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Mate, from half the comments on this forum you'd think it was DJCDJtools.
    You're kidding me. Because I feel like it should be called DJS4tools.
    A lot of us are talking about CDJs now that the 2000's have HID mode with Traktor... But I feel liek all in all, CDJs are the least popular of the three control platforms on this forum, despite being BY FAR the msot popular in the actual industry.
    Last edited by octostout; 05-19-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Tech Guru

The founder of the site did help design the S4. CDJs might be the least popular on the forum, but they're the most common setup outside the bedroom.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The founder of the site did help design the S4. CDJs might be the least popular on the forum, but they're the most common setup outside the bedroom.
    By far. I just mean on this forum.... Because it's populated mostly by bedroom DJs.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast