playLive PSP controller

Default playLive PSP controller

Don't know if anyone has already seen this oldie, but I still think it's great.

When Rob King launched PSP2MIDI, his application that can turn your PSP into a wireless MIDI controller and/or a wireless mouse (available only in Windows), he was buying some time for playLive as it is still under development. playLive allows you to wirelessly control Ableton Live - a loop-based software music sequencer for Macintosh and Windows.

Now time has come to unveil what everyone has been waiting for, playLive's first version. The proud developer in his blog talks about the fruit of his labor, he wrote:

After much demand I finally got around to finishing PlayLive, my wireless PSP controller for Ableton Live. This version lets you control 8 tracks of 12 clips each, and gives you 4 xy pads to play around with. The clip triggers are also laid out in such a way that you could theoretically use them as a midi keyboard. A painfully slow one, but a midi keyboard nonetheless.

On his next release he plans to make a sort of Mackie control emulation to give PlayLive a bit more flexibility. The Mackie brand is used on professional music and sound reinforcement and recording equipment like mixing consoles, loudspeakers and DAW control surfaces. Mackie could be a nickname for Macintosh don't you think? (C'mon work with me here) Anyway, he's also going to come up with a Mac version as soon as his "mactop comes back from the shop.
    You can download it here.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

If you have a Nintendo DS I suggest that you pickup KORG DS-10

Here is a demonstration

Its fun to play around with when you are on the move, and if you are into producing

Don't have both, just wanted to share playLive with the people that do.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

sorry im bringing this up, but is anyone using their PSP as a midi controller nowadays? this thread is so old.. i found this psp2midi software but having hard time trying to run it, probably because its been made in 2006 for PSP firmware 1.5 (the most recent is 6.2 or something). does anyone know if it's possible to use it with traktor pro?