Is there an actual manual online that i can read on how to use the VCI-100?

Default Is there an actual manual online that i can read on how to use the VCI-100?

Is there an actual manual online that i can read on how to use the VCI-100? Im new to Dj'ing and im trying to figure out how to use all these effect buttons, loop buttons and etc in regular tractor pro but they dont seem to be doing anything. is there something i can actually read to get going or to start learning how to use this. i watch the videos but they dont seem to make sense with the VCI-100 becuase the ones in the video seem to be using the VCI-100 SE. can i get pointed in the right direction on how to get started with this.

Have you installed the vci-100 tsi so that traktor recognises the vci ?

I dont think there really is a manual apart from what comes with it
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

http://www.vestax.com/v/products/pla...M-VCI-100E.pdf

Doesnt tell you how to use it really though does it ... doesnt tell you anything about using it to controll effects in traktor ?

hey

well the problem is i'm afraid that all of the buttons on the VCI are just that, buttons.

Although they come with a basic labeling scheme on the metal plates that doesn't really mean anything, they are just anonymous buttons and knobs and all they do is switch things on and off etc. Exactly what functions you link them to that get switched is decided by programming your midi map in Traktor and linking the buttons to the various functions.

So what you really need is not the VCI manual but actually the Traktor manual, or perhaps the Traktor Bible book that has been written by one of the forum members. From that, and lots of practice and trial and error and experimenting, you'll learn about all of the effects and how they can be used etc,

After that, then you can program your VCI to act as the switches to turn them on and off.

hope that helps,

k

There not though ... not if you use the tsi for the vci-100 that is built into traktor pro. Then everything is lableled up pretty spot pn from what i remember

hey

yeah, although the original labeling was designed for Traktor 3, whoever has programmed the mapping for the VCI done well it comes pretty close, it was the one that I started on before I moved onto firmware 1.3 and Ean's mapping

but still by the same token, they are still just buttons. All they do is switch the effects on and off or with the knobs adjust the parameters.

But it may help if you get your head around the fact that its not actually the VCI that is adjusting the effects, all the VCI does is is send out messages called MIDI messages to the laptop saying switch 4 off, or knob 5 turned.

Traktor then looks at the midi map and says, OK i've received a signal from switch 4, is there anything linked to that? yes OK well turn that effect on.

So while your pressing the buttons on the VCI, it's still Traktor thats doing all the actual work and that the effects are part of, so they're listed in that manual not the VCI one.

This is how the VCI is so programmable, you can link the buttons to whatever functions you like and create your own midi maps that fit best the way you work.

k