Got Shot Outside My Residency
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Got Shot Outside My Residency

i used to post here on DJTT heavily in 08-09, but as i moved away from controllerism and began to forge my own path and become involved in my local scene, i gravitated away. however, i know this community is filled with up and coming & established DJs that are hungry for knowledge and generally good people all around. i bring this story to you not as a beggar, but as a fellow DJ/producer who has struggled for years to build something out of nothing, and is now facing a pivotal moment in my life.

i was caught in the crossfire of a robbery that took place across the street from my residency last wednesday night in ATL. as i type this i'm laying in a hospital bed at Grady Memorial Hospital with a gunshot wound to the right side of my back. it knicked my lung, fractured a rib and stopped inches from my heart. statistics say i shouldn't be alive. the doctors words were "incredible". i'm going on day 3 of my stay here, which has included a chest tube (to clear fluid & air from the area around my lung), multiple x-rays & CT scans, pain meds, etc. i'm looking at a bill in the 10k's..

i've devoted the last 6 years of my time & money, literally everything, into making this my career. i dropped out of state college to go to SAE institute and get a degree in audio technology in 2010. since then i've been freelancing as a mix/mastering engineer, sound tech, dj, beat maker, etc. i literally scrape by day to day, but would have it no other way as i LOVE what i do. i truly do.

as you may have already guessed, i have no health insurance, and i fear this hospital bill could ruin me. if you were to ask anyone that knows me personally, they would tell you i HATE asking for help. i'm very stubborn when it comes to supporting myself. i don't even like bumming cigs from people. it's just how i was raised. i feel as though i have no other option in this situation however, i don't expect anything but have to try, you know?

anything helps, and it would mean more than you could possibly imagine, i swear it will come back to you and i do NOT easily forget those who go out of their way to help me. i'll even master tunes/mixes at a discounted rate if you'd like.

there's a paypal donate button on the Do Androids Dance link below:

http://doandroidsdance.com/news/atla...has-been-shot/

http://clatl.com/cribnotes/archives/...-dj-hpntk-shot

just thankful to be alive at this point
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Damm dude, I can't believe you got shot outside of connect....that's crazy! I've played there! Yikes, that crap is what gives ATL such a bad wrap.

Wow glad you are ok.

Nearly every hospital has some sort of charity/financial assistance program for people in your kind of situation. You should find out about it and there is a very good chance you won't have to pay much of anything.

There's probably additional programs through your state/city for victims of crimes.

beat me to it, anyway, hope you sort it out man

Man that is like a kick in the ribs, bad enough getting shot in the first place and then you have to stress about paying the doctors as well
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Sick that you have to pay the hospital bill when you got shot, even if you shot yourself you shouldnt have to pay anything.
    USA supposed to be a world leading country and can't even take care of its citizens, I would be ashamed to take money for helping someone in such dire need.

there are a few programs to help out if you're a victim of a violent crime, but they only cover so much, so every penny helps honestly. hospitals are notorious for being RIDICULOUSLY expensive for even the smallest of things.

thank you all for the advice.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by djhipnotikk View Post
    hospitals are notorious for being RIDICULOUSLY expensive for even the smallest of things.
    be sure to ask the hospital itself about charity/financial options. hospitals will often cover stuff like this themselves for people in certain situations whether it was being a victim of a crime or not.

Wish you the best and a speedy recovery. It's sad that idiots committing crimes like that can get away with what they did to you.
    2 x CDJ 850 | Kontrol S4 | A&H Xone XD-53's | A&H Xone K2 | Kontrol X1 | Kontrol F1 | DJM 900nxs

What firebr4nd sid.

Best wishes to you, mate.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast