iTunes Library and Traktor Collection - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks for teh detailed response - it makes sense.

All I want to be abel to do, is keep my iTunes Library and the Traktor Collection sync'd. So when I add new files to a folder on my HD, iTunes will see them, and Traktor will see them. I put new files on my HD every week, and I want to keep iTunes and Traktor current with all my new tunes.

NOW - iTunes will automagically update all of my smart playlists, 'cos those playlists are dynamic.

I'm still a little confusd between usingthe iTunes node in Traktor, and IMPORTING playlists into Traktor...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Here's a question - if I open a song in Traktor from the iTunes Playlist Node, but the track I play has already been analysed by Traktor (and is in The Collection), will Traktor pick up the track info from The Collection? (Tempo, stored Cue points, loops, etc...)
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Here's a question - if I open a song in Traktor from the iTunes Playlist Node, but the track I play has already been analysed by Traktor (and is in The Collection), will Traktor pick up the track info from The Collection? (Tempo, stored Cue points, loops, etc...)
    all that information is stored in the track. you need to have the "little lock" (analysis lock) enabled, if not, Traktor will reanalyze when loading the track again, if it's not in your collection.

I see. Thanks again, papo. You have been a great help!

Reading this thread with interest as I'm going to make a workflow and start making use of playlists.

I use a Macbook Pro for most of my music related activities and because of this I have a home server which stores all my media and music as well as take backups. I then sync the Music part of the server with my Macbook Pro so that any files altered with Traktor (tags) then get put back on the sever and new music on the server gets pushed to my Macbook.

So I switched from Winamp to iTunes as I use it on my Macbook so might as well use it on my PC.

One thing though... iTunes doesn't automatically update unless you store you music in a iTunes folder. So am I right in thinking the only way to update is to add the music folder again?

Tech Wizard

I have smart playlists in Itunes (last month, last 3 months, last 6 months, last month House (around 128 bpm), last month hip hop/trap/other (around 65-115 bpm) last 3 months house (etc)) and my smartplaylists always change in Traktor and I never have to delete them or re-update anything.

Here's my workflow:

1. Download new tracks.
    2. Run folder of new songs (dated) through mixed in key
    3. Import and analyze folder in Traktor
    4. Set beat grids, cue points, etc. in traktor for each track.
    5. Quit Traktor
    6. Now add folder to iTunes library.
    7. Quit itunes
    8. Back into Traktor!

Everything works fine like that. probably download batches of new songs 2-3 times a month and do this process. Hope this helps!

trick

Cheers tricks - you just answered one of my questions.

Playing a track from a Smart Playlist in the iTunes node DOES pick up cue points/tempo info, etc, IF the tune has previously been analyzed and stored in the Traktor Collection!!!

I think the key thing to take away from your post is:

ADD TUNES TO THE TRAKTOR COLLECTION BEFORE ADDING THEM TO iTUNES!!!

That way, your Smart Playlists are updated in iTunes AFTER Traktor has stored tempo/cue/loop information.

This is good..

Thanks for posting, tricks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes View Post
    Reading this thread with interest as I'm going to make a workflow and start making use of playlists.

I use a Macbook Pro for most of my music related activities and because of this I have a home server which stores all my media and music as well as take backups. I then sync the Music part of the server with my Macbook Pro so that any files altered with Traktor (tags) then get put back on the sever and new music on the server gets pushed to my Macbook.

So I switched from Winamp to iTunes as I use it on my Macbook so might as well use it on my PC.

One thing though... iTunes doesn't automatically update unless you store you music in a iTunes folder. So am I right in thinking the only way to update is to add the music folder again?
    You might want to make your own thread so we don't hijack this one.

but to answer your question, here we go...

first, how is your folder structure? where are your music files located? do you have itunes organize them automatically?

if you are trying to update your itunes on the server to keep up-to-date with the new tracks you have backed up from your MBP, just go to itunes and click file and select "add folder to library". this will go through your folder and all it's sub-folders and add any new tracks that have not been added to itunes. it will not import all the tracks over again, which would painfully add many duplicates. (itunes is smart enough not to do that.)

i hope this helps. if not, create your own thread and i will be happy to help.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Cheers tricks - you just answered one of my questions.

Playing a track from a Smart Playlist in the iTunes node DOES pick up cue points/tempo info, etc, IF the tune has previously been analyzed and stored in the Traktor Collection!!!

I think the key thing to take away from your post is:

ADD TUNES TO THE TRAKTOR COLLECTION BEFORE ADDING THEM TO iTUNES!!!

That way, your Smart Playlists are updated in iTunes AFTER Traktor has stored tempo/cue/loop information.

This is good..

Thanks for posting, tricks!

No problem man glad I could help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12