Traktor DVS Setup with 1 Turntable and Maschine?

Default Traktor DVS Setup with 1 Turntable and Maschine?

Hi guys,

First post here, although I've been lurking around the forums for a while now

I have just moved to another country and looking to get a new setup. I used to have a NS7 but sold it because of the move.

Currently I own a single Technics 1200mk5 and a Maschine. I've been looking for a second TT to add to the setup but until I find one for a reasonable price I want to get on with using just 1 TT. I'm also looking for a mixer and have been looking at the DJM-T1 and the Traktor Z2 for the built-in audio interface for Traktor. I will be looking at getting a separate interface in the future, but I just want to be able to play at home now.

So my question is how do I go on to set this up? One of these mixers using a single TT to control Traktor's A+B (track) decks or maybe Maschine to control deck B? I also want Maschine to control transport/cue/fx for the decks or even to control a remix deck C.

Kind of confused at the moment... so I'm looking for any help I can get. Much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tech Mentor

Both mixers will work just like you stated. You can use one turntable to jump between deck a and b. Then also use maschine to control cue points or deck c. Check out . It's pretty much the same thing minus the maschine.

Tech Guru

That had to have taken a TON of time to perfect.

Incredible how he bounces between decks as if he's using two tables.

Holy crap! That vid is amazing!!!!!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Guru

Just that amazing that you had to double post right, Patch? :P

I wanna see more of his vids. See if this is just a one time deal or if he can do this repeatedly on diff tracks.

I watched it twice, and posted twice.

It's a routine. He's practiced it for (possibly) hundreds of hours to get it down, and to get it that tight.

Don't think he just loaded up a few samples and a track and improvised. Routines like this are meticulously planned.

The skills are transferable, though - so I have NO DOUBT That he COULD just load up a few samples and go to town. But routines of that standard are rarely improvised...