I need your help

Default I need your help

Hello ppl

I´m a proud owner of a Kontrol S4, normally I use the 2 tt with the S4, I don't remember the last time I use the 4 decks but yesterday I have a friend who want to trade mine S4 for a DJM-T1.

You can see my actual setup here

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthr...t=63985&page=3

I need your help to decide if I should trade my S4 or not,

I only use this mixer at home and I´m thinking buy a F1/Maschine or use the lemur via iPad in the future, now my question is:

Can I add the F1 or the lemur with the DJM-T1?
    The remix decks will work if I´m using the 2 channels?

Its a good trade?

Thanks
    Gear : Imac 21.5, Allen&Heath Xone 4D, 2 x Technics SL- 1210 MK5,

Tech Mentor

Its not a terrible trade but you shouldn't trade if you don't want the T1. You can get a DJM T1 for about $100 less when talking new. However, there is an abundance of used S4s and I don't know the conditions of both items. You could still use remix decks fine if you bought an F1.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinch805 View Post
    Its not a terrible trade but you shouldn't trade if you don't want the T1. You can get a DJM T1 for about $100 less when talking new. However, there is an abundance of used S4s and I don't know the conditions of both items. You could still use remix decks fine if you bought an F1.
    Both are like new, The best thing I like in the business is the brand, because before this S4 , I had a DDJ-T1, and the knobs and the quality of the material was a little better them the S4.

Now I hope the quality of this DJM-T1 was better or similar like the DDJ-T1

My only problem is losing 2 channels and I´m question myself if its a good trade for me of course.....

I would not trade it.
    -First of all because the setup you have there is mighty clean, and a djm would need some heavy remodeling of the surface to be as seamless as it is now with the s4.
    -Second of all because of redundancy. I'd personally hate to have a tt failing on me during a show, now i do not know of the failure rate of TTs in general, since i've not used any of them extensively, but i believe it to be quite a lot higher than a controller.
    -Third and final reason: The s4 gives you everything the djm offers, and then some.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

I hate that the DJM-T1 has no proper channel filter encoders, as the S4 does.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    -Second of all because of redundancy. I'd personally hate to have a tt failing on me during a show, now i do not know of the failure rate of TTs in general, since i've not used any of them extensively, but i believe it to be quite a lot higher than a controller.
    On what planet does a 1200 have a higher failure rate than a piece of NI plastic? Besides, the T1 has a dedicated transport section thats actually more responsive than the S4's.

To OP, make the trade, the T1 is not only going to last a lot longer, it's a lot more solid all around (crossfader weirdities notwithstanding). Not to mention it's an actual hardware mixer, rather than a knob box with a sound card in it. If you're using timecodes, the majority of the S4's panel is useless clutter anyway, so distilling your setup and toughening it up overall seems like a great way to go.

The only fails I have its on S4 that sometimes freeze, and I have to shut it down. But I think it's a software problem because it only happens on my Imac. Weird because on windows never happen I only use time codes so anyone have experience with both mixer and give me the goods and bad points

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    On what planet does a 1200 have a higher failure rate than a piece of NI plastic? Besides, the T1 has a dedicated transport section thats actually more responsive than the S4's.

To OP, make the trade, the T1 is not only going to last a lot longer, it's a lot more solid all around (crossfader weirdities notwithstanding). Not to mention it's an actual hardware mixer, rather than a knob box with a sound card in it. If you're using timecodes, the majority of the S4's panel is useless clutter anyway, so distilling your setup and toughening it up overall seems like a great way to go.
    I am talking about vinyl skipping, needle bending etc. Etc.
    Now as i said i never used a tt extensively (read, for more than 2 months) So i might be completely in the wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I am talking about vinyl skipping, needle bending etc. Etc.
    Now as i said i never used a tt extensively (read, for more than 2 months) So i might be completely in the wrong.
    1200s will rearly play up on you if set up right a controller plus computer is much more likely to have issues.