New Setup
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Setup

Default New Setup

Ok so my idea for my first setup after a year of just mouse and keyboard was to first invest in a launchpad and secondly a midi enabled mixer I had in mind (I was looking at behringer or something light on the pockets) . I was thinking the launchpad mainly for functionality and flexibility over other trigger finger types of hardware. I mainly dj psy-trance but also trance,house,electro etc. Also using Traktor as my software.

My main question is from another dj's perspective would this be a good setup, I know mapping and everything would work but does it make sense?

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Sounds pretty nice to me mate. If you're good with out a jog wheel this is just great for your first setup.

What would you use the LP for?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

You could use a Korg nanoKontrol2 as a MIDI-mixer, its good and cheap. Would be a nice first setup in my opinion.^^

e.g.: You can map those faders as volume and EQ-control and the knobs to some FX parameters or something like that, its to your imagination^^

I had a NOX404 (Behringer), it's okay, as long as you keep it at home.
    The knobs and faders aren't that tight, crapy FX-section, its a "battle-mixer" anyways...
    DJing: Traktor Pro 2 | NI Audio 8 | NI X1 | Pioneer DJM 250 | Technics SL-1200 MK2 | Mashine Mikro MK2
    Sound: Fame 5080AM Monitors | 2x DIY Speaker | Technics RP-DJ1210 Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by DJEuforiske View Post
    My main question is from another dj's perspective would this be a good setup, I know mapping and everything would work but does it make sense?
    Yes. If you're mixing 4 on the floor stuff, properly beatgridded with sync, then a button-only setup works great. I personally use a Zomo MC-1000 as my "portable" setup when I'm doing house/trance sets. but a MIDI mixer with a decent number of mappable controls (NOT just the faders) would work well too. A lot of people have had good results with the DDM4000 , although personally I'd go for the Voxoa M70 as its symmetrical with dedicated FX sections for Traktor.

I've heard conflicting stories with regards to the M70s build quality, but then again its relatively cheap so for me would be acceptable as a "bang for your buck" kinda compromise.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by 4eoN View Post
    You could use a Korg nanoKontrol2 as a MIDI-mixer, its good and cheap. Would be a nice first setup in my opinion.^^

e.g.: You can map those faders as volume and EQ-control and the knobs to some FX parameters or something like that, its to your imagination^^

I had a NOX404 (Behringer), it's okay, as long as you keep it at home.
    The knobs and faders aren't that tight, crapy FX-section, its a "battle-mixer" anyways...
    I thought that the nox series wasn't midi?

Tech Wizard

Xone K2. It comes with a 4 channel soundcard and can be a fully mapped 4 channel mixer. I use a launchpad and a K2 as my current rig and it is wonderful the amount of control I have in traktor is great and since everything is usb powered it is super portable.

Tech Guru

Xone K2 mate!

Look my video on youtube playing psytrance only with my xone k2 (internal mixer).

I can share you my mapping if you want.

Basically is a NI x1 with internal mixing controls.
    Two faders for dry wets FX1, FX2 and two faders for volume control Deck A, B

Tech Guru

The K2 is a 2 channel sound card, with 4 mono outputs.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by V-Hoff View Post
    Xone K2 mate!

Look my video on youtube playing psytrance only with my xone k2 (internal mixer).

I can share you my mapping if you want.

Basically is a NI x1 with internal mixing controls.
    Two faders for dry wets FX1, FX2 and two faders for volume control Deck A, B
    I was under the impression the top knobs on the K2 were not center clicks, is that true? I was gonna do the exact same thing but that made me sad and somewhat disinterested in the prospect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast