Hack Kontrol Z2 to run in external mode
    Tech Guru

Default Hack Kontrol Z2 to run in external mode

Just as this guy has figured out how to hack the Xone Db4 to be scratch certified i'm wondering if it is possible to run the Z2 in external mode in Traktor. The advantage of this is that you can route Maschine as an input and this gives you the ability actually assign Maschine to one of the channels so you can EQ and have volume control over it.

Tech Wizard

I wonder how long before NI put a fix on this.
    Thats cool as

dope

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    ...I'm wondering if it is possible to run the Z2 in external mode in Traktor. The advantage of this is that you can route Maschine as an input and this gives you the ability actually assign Maschine to one of the channels so you can EQ and have volume control over it.
    I would just route Maschine or Ableton (where I host it) through the Z2. Why not just use the volume control that Maschine has, and put a filter and EQ effect on the master?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    I would just route Maschine or Ableton (where I host it) through the Z2. Why not just use the volume control that Maschine has, and put a filter and EQ effect on the master?
    Hey Bolstein, the issue is you can't cue or monitor Ableton/Maschine before it goes to the Master. In the past i've ran a 1/8" to RCA from my laptop to the Aux in on the Z2 but still not very ideal in my opinion. I'm hoping there working on some sort of Maschine deck or something for Traktor.

Tech Guru

Haha how was that not discovered before? I've never had a reason to dig into it but its a pretty simple fix...did this only work after the z2 update? Won't NI need to have you install an update to fix the issue? So people who use this can just continue using the current version of traktor until they see a significant reason to upgrade versions....

Tech Guru

There is no External Mode hack for the Z2. I can't see how it would be physically possible, as the internal sound card of the Z2 just will be routed to the Master Output and the Headphone Output separately, rather than to each mixer channel.

You can use virtual routing to get Maschine into a Traktor deck surely?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    ...the issue is you can't cue or monitor Ableton/Maschine before it goes to the Master.
    Why do you need to do this? What style of music are you playing?