Idea for future dvs advancement? Plausible? Worth while?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Idea for future dvs advancement? Plausible? Worth while?

I feel that one of the great things about having good feedback from your equipment is being able to do your thing without having to look between it and your laptop. Cdj's have the advantage of displaying track information above the jog wheel. Do you think that having a display strip that was adhesive and layed between the pitch fader and platter of a technics 1200 (there is plenty of space) to display wave forms and track lists would be a way to keep the eyes centered at the job at hand (between the needle and pitch fader) and keep the art form as true to its nature? Such as putting the laptop on a shelf out of site with full focus on the hardware and song selection? I have found that while I'm searching for my next scratch sample in the heat of the moment, I'm looking at the screen while I'm pushing the record around and when I find the sound that I'm looking for, I'm looking at the laptop instead of where the record needs to be in relation to the needle. What are your thoughts?
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Create your own scratch records, and learn them. Then add cue points to them. Voila ! You can then jump around your record, and know where you are.

I think that i probably know where all the samples are on at least several scratch records, ie Dirtstyle Deluxe Shampoo for exemple.
    It's just a matter of knowing them
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Good point. I really like the idea of a "Browser ONLY" version of Traktor, that would display ONLY the browser, and could be run on a tablet.

I think we need to get BACK to learning routines and techniques. It would mean using your laptop for preparation and practice, but performing using only your hardware, and some kind of display device used for selecting and loading tacks.

A mixer with a small browser screen would be truly awesome...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Basically Traktor DJ just needs HID compatibility?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Good point. I really like the idea of a "Browser ONLY" version of Traktor, that would display ONLY the browser, and could be run on a tablet.

I think we need to get BACK to learning routines and techniques. It would mean using your laptop for preparation and practice, but performing using only your hardware, and some kind of display device used for selecting and loading tacks.

A mixer with a small browser screen would be truly awesome...
    I dunno about the tablet part, but you can run Traktor Pro in full-screen browser mode FWIW.

Cool.

I might try putting my laptop on top of an old record box-bag on the floor. So everytime I need to change tunes, I have to duck down behind the tables.

Ah - that takes me back!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Cool.

I might try putting my laptop on top of an old record box-bag on the floor. So everytime I need to change tunes, I have to duck down behind the tables.

Ah - that takes me back!
    Haha... not a bad idea!

I've definitely taken to putting the laptop off to the side somewhere instead of directly in my face. Laptop stands have lost their appeal to me... it disconnects me from them!

Tech Mentor

I think the answer is a mixer with a browser. Use the computer's storage and system resources, but use the mixer for a display.

Tech Mentor

I think it would be interesting, though probably financially foolish, if NI developed a z4 style mixer with enough processing power to run Traktor and a pop up style screen for browsing. They could also develop CDJ style controllers with jogs and usb stick inputs. It would basically be NI's answer to Rekordbox with the hub being the mixer instead of the CDJ's.

Yup. A little touch screen on a mixer would be fuckin' awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast