A pair of headphones - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    dude let me let you in on some secret ear-buds that have gone under the radar for years. I have been using these for about 6 years now, i get about a new pair every year.

-Super Clear
    -Made By Sony
    -Very Light
    -Very Loud
    -Very Cheap
    ----The most important thing for me is that the go all the way inside the ear and do not protrude at all. (the only ones i could ever find.) You can easily sleep with them in!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX33L...ref=pd_sim_e_4
    Hi, seems pretty interesting! How's the high, mids and lows on these?
    ECLER EVO 5★★TRAKTOR KONTROL X1★★2x TECHNICS SL1210 MK.2

Quote Originally Posted by FEEDIT View Post
    Hi, seems pretty interesting! How's the high, mids and lows on these?
    very clear, with punchy bass, and i can push them as loud as i want. I mean in not going to produce anything with these, but for general listening you can wear them for hours with no problem. Also they really block out the outside sound!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I have a pair of Sennheiser CX380's (got a bargain @ $20) they sound great on the ipod and comfortable even in my insanely small ears for hours on end.

Over Ear Phones, Maybe consider the Marshall Major's ? Superb sound, Phone Mic/volume thingy, really small and light for on the go but quality good enough for studio or gigging.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I have a pair of Sennheiser CX380's (got a bargain @ $20) they sound great on the ipod and comfortable even in my insanely small ears for hours on end.

Over Ear Phones, Maybe consider the Marshall Major's ? Superb sound, Phone Mic/volume thingy, really small and light for on the go but quality good enough for studio or gigging.
    actually got a chance to listen to the Marshall Major, and I must say i have mixed feelings for them. How do they compare to the ones that i've listed above?

I'm probably the only one who does, but I HIGHLY rate the MDR-V150s for general listening. Not only are they stupidly cheap, but also quite small and still decent-sounding.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00005QBU9

I've actually found myself using them for the last 3 or 4 DJ sets I've done, simply because I like the fact they've got proper reversible cups unlike my HAM5Xs and they're so compact.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    I'm probably the only one who does, but I HIGHLY rate the MDR-V150s for general listening. Not only are they stupidly cheap, but also quite small and still decent-sounding.

I've actually found myself using them for the last 3 or 4 DJ sets I've done, simply because I like the fact they've got proper reversible cups unlike my HAM5Xs and they're so compact.
    I must say that I love how I was ready to use a nice sum of money on headphones and how nearly all the recommendations you guys have posted are so cheap It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I just got this feeling that you get what you pay for?

I must say that I love how I was ready to use a nice sum of money on headphones and how nearly all the recommendations you guys have posted are so cheap It's not necessarily a bad thing, but I just got this feeling that you get what you pay for?
    Only to a certain extent; with a LOT of things in the audio industry, same as in the fashion world, you get the NAME you pay for. Classic examples of this are Beats and Skullcandy headphones. Poor to mid quality gear, but with a stupidly high pricetag. I cringe every time I see a "DJ" using Beats headphones.

For general listening off a portable device (iPod, phone, Minidisc [back in the day!]) pretty much anything over about £15 is going to be just fine. I like the V150s because they're pretty neutral; the JVCs I've got (and the on-ear ones in the same lineup) emphasize the bass, other brands emphasize different parts of the spectrum, etc etc. As for quality though, there are limits as to how much money a 1.5-2 inch driver costs the manufacturers, hence the fact you can get decent stuff for peanuts.
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1

Only to a certain extent; with a LOT of things in the audio industry, same as in the fashion world, you get the NAME you pay for. Classic examples of this are Beats and Skullcandy headphones. Poor to mid quality gear, but with a stupidly high pricetag. I cringe every time I see a "DJ" using Beats headphones.

For general listening off a portable device (iPod, phone, Minidisc [back in the day!]) pretty much anything over about £15 is going to be just fine. I like the V150s because they're pretty neutral; the JVCs I've got (and the on-ear ones in the same lineup) emphasize the bass, other brands emphasize different parts of the spectrum, etc etc. As for quality though, there are limits as to how much money a 1.5-2 inch driver costs the manufacturers, hence the fact you can get decent stuff for peanuts.
    I feel the exact same way, when I see DJs using Beats... I can totally follow your point brand-wise, but there is ofc. a clear difference sound-wise in a 20$ headset and a 200$ headset?

I feel the exact same way, when I see DJs using Beats... I can totally follow your point brand-wise, but there is ofc. a clear difference sound-wise in a 20$ headset and a 200$ headset?
    Sometimes, but not always. With audio gear, there's a fine line between subjective differences and objective ones; ie - things you can actually PERCEIVE. The frequency response for a specific pair of headphones may be different from another (usually wider, more even response for the pricier units) but most people can't tell the difference.

Also, the RELATIVE difference in quality tends to vary significantly depending on driver size; for example, the quality difference between a cheap and expensive pair of over-the-ear headphones with 3 inch drivers will be much less than the quality difference between a cheap and expensive pair of earbuds with 1cm drivers, because it's more challenging to reproduce the same frequencies the smaller the driver is. Expensive gear tends to use exotic materials for the diaphragms, different types of magnets, etc, in order to achieve better performance despite the small size.

I agree that the sound quality on these are pretty decent, but I can't wear them for more than 15 minutes without my ears hurting. Maybe I just have a big head though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast