My Midibox Build
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default My Midibox Build

Hey Guys i made this thread so that i could document and share my midibox build. Im new to building diy controllers so i thought id share my ups and hopefully not so much downs.

I wanted an all in one controller for traktor. I have an arcade modded vci right now but i have to use a bcr with it so i can use the fx without switching. I also loved the way the midifighter was set up so i thought id incorporate that into it as well. Any input would be great. I will also document everything on my blog. www.standalonecompl3x.blogspot.com

Here is the layout. I ordered it from front panel express and the service was amazing. I changed it multiple times and they put up with my random emails changing little things. Total cost is $112 shipped.

Now the waiting game for parts to show up.

Looks good - I'll be keeping an eye on this...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Nice, I am doing my midibox in a different order, I built my core and my other boards on on order. Are you going to have a x-fader or use a knob for that?

Tech Mentor

I dont spin hip hop much on my midi controllers so i barely touch the x-fader. It would be an easy add on though using a break out box or expanding the case. What pic did you get for your core?

Tech Mentor

I just got my arcade buttons in from the DJTT stores. 32 crispy white buttons. The shipping was incredibly fast. Thanks DJTT!

Nice buttons

I got pic18f4685 I just took the default choice if I need to change it later I will.

Tech Mentor

Cool, from what i understand the pic doesnt really matter if you only use one core.

Tech Mentor

More parts arriving. The knobs, buttons and faders were from futurlec.com. The big one feels exactly like the nuo caps just a tiny bit slicker since its a gloss finish.

I will be using the big one for eqs the small white ones for the fx and the small red ones for looping. Buttons are for turning fx on, navigation etc.

The line faders are 10k alpha faders and feel like the vci's but i opened them up and lubed them and they feel alot lighter(think pmc line fader feel).

I also bought joysticks from digikey.com i was going to go the ps2 thumbstick route but that would require a bigger hole in the panel and more room. I made my own handles for these and they feel great and dont take up as much room.

Cool - keep us up to date.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Look awesome! I'm also very interested in DIY custom made stuff. I'll be following this here as well as on Google blogs.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast