Xone DBSeries Filtered EQs on a controller...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Xone DBSeries Filtered EQs on a controller...

I recently bought a Xone DB2, and I must say I realy love it... The only problem is that I can't use it on some gigs, since there's already a mixer at the venue and I have to plug a controller on the venue mixer instead of using mine...

Long story short, I decided to emulate the filtered EQs you can found on the DB2 to keep on working this way... I personaly find this way of EQuing realy relevent on techno and house (wich are the main genre I mix).

I did a mapping for my xone K2, and it works well...
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1472

Now, how to do it :
    Traktor Gives us four fx slots, and one of the FX (Filter92) works as the db2/4 filtered EQs. The idea is to map each row to work as a FX control and to add gain and volume fader.

I push the game a bit further and add a switch wich gives the opportunity to control fxs when the deck is not playing. The main problem was that if you use the fx to "eq" (in fact filter) the decks output, you ditch all the FXs and can't use it.

I found a solution using a modifier for each deck, wich switch as you press play/pause the fx from Filter on the dedicated deck to macro fx assignable on others deck.

If you have any questions or idea to port this filtered EQs concept on other controller, I can help

Regards,
    Pierre
    Just friday @ soundcloud| Samurai.fm | facebook
    Setup : Dual booted Alienware M11X : Ubuntu Studio : Mixxx 1.11 + ubuntustudio/Windows 7:Traktor pro 2+Reason
    Custom Mappings for this devices : Xone K2, Xone DB2, Technics mk2, Akai Ldp8, Midifighter Classic, Korg Nanokontrol 2, American Audio VMS4, Axiom 25, Kaossilator Pro

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Sound interesting. Video would be cool.

Tech Mentor

Ok... I'll try to do it during the weekend...
    Setup : Dual booted Alienware M11X : Ubuntu Studio : Mixxx 1.11 + ubuntustudio/Windows 7:Traktor pro 2+Reason
    Custom Mappings for this devices : Xone K2, Xone DB2, Technics mk2, Akai Ldp8, Midifighter Classic, Korg Nanokontrol 2, American Audio VMS4, Axiom 25, Kaossilator Pro

Yeah I'd be interested in seeing this in action.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Mentor

currently encoding... it'll be online in the afternoon.

Tech Mentor

Sounds like something I'd watch. Look forward to it!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Wow...
    So I'm already sorry about the mixing quality and the video quality... I've made it quick... Maybe I'll have to restart everything :$

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I don't mind video quality as long as sound is acceptable though. Take time and record something you find valid.

Keep us posted..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast