[Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R Performance mapping
    DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Default [Traktor] Livid CNTRL:R Performance mapping

Hey all,

I'll be glad to share another CNTRL:R mapping for Traktor with you. Took some favorite features from my previous mappings and put it all together in this Performance tool. The idea behind this mapping was to control two track decks (A and B) one remix deck (C) and an Isolator deck D but you can also control all four track decks as well. Check it out:

Main features:

-Mixer section
    -Deck transport
    -Effect engine
    -Release FX
    -Isolator cut/add FX
    -FX Unit Selector

DOWNLOAD

Editing CNTRL:R encoders and changing MIDI channel:

By default, all endless encoders are set to send CC (control change) values from 0 to 127 as the standard rotary pots does and that's pretty cool for controlling effects or any other parameters with min and max values where your LED rings are always displaying current position of any parameter in software. But, you can also preset them to act like true endless encoders which means they will be sending ether value 0 (twist to left) or value 127 (twist to right). This settings are perfect for scrolling trough a playlist or controlling pitch band that's exactly what I did here (check pic^). In order to use this controls effectively you must change encoder type for the upper four encoders which is pretty simple using CNTRL:R editor.

Download or use online editor here!

Importing TSI file to Traktor:

Make sure to import mapping by using big Import button at the bottom of preferences window. If you're importing this mapping for the first time you will need to import it twice in order to bring all effect settings correctly (silly traktor bug).

Deck transport control:

This layout section is powered by deck focus which gives you ability to pick and control any of four decks. Note that this is not actual Traktor's deck focus feature and that I rather created this one out of modifiers. If you look up in picture you'll notice a shift button presented in purple. While on hold, the shift button will change it's color to yellow and four buttons above will lite up white suggesting you to press them and select which of decks you wish to control. After you select deck target and release shift you'll have all the basic transport controls assigned for that deck. Just to mention that play button will display beat phase in green.

I also included all eight hotcues connected to deck focus and I actually manage to make them lite up in different colors regards to hotcue type: grid-white; cue-cyan; loop-green; load-yellow; fade in/out-red. Yep, shift to delete them

Effect preset/active and release FX:

This section as all about smart effect control. There are ten different FX presets that are associated with one Dry/Wet fader and second parameter fader. All the preset buttons are acting as on/off triggers but you can actually switch off an effect on the release of the button. So, you hit any pad and few things happen - D/W and parameters are set, effect are loaded, unit mode is set and FX snap shot is saved. Controlling effects like this is super fun and I'll give a bit of demo how I use it and what is actually going on behind the buttons and faders in a performance vid which is coming soon.

Release effects are working similar as Pio RMX-1000. They are applying some of three effects (Laser Slicer, Transpose and TTFX) depend of the button you press or you could use them all in combination. I call it that because they shut down all the currently activated effects and bring their D/W down on the release of the button. Notice that there is one button labeled 'kill all' right next to them, this is not actually applying any FX and it rether kills all effects directly. Last but not least is peak filter on/off button with D/W and parameter faders. It loads in a separate FX unit and can be used effectively with mixer filter knobs to make them sound more organic. Use them also with presets but just not in combo with an effects that are sampling the sound because all they'll do is to grab a value the peak filter is currently reproducing.

Pad and encoder matrix features:

Going up to down first enc line we got is some browse and transport controls. First knob scrolls tree (push to browser on/off), second knob scrolls trough track list (push to open/close folders), third knob is your seek position in track (shift to get faster) and fourth knob is tempo bending (push to jog touch and twist to do a bit scratching). It's important to know that 3rd and 4th knobs are corresponding to deck target!

In second enc line we got an FX unit controls but you can assign this section to any of four FX units by holding shift and pushing down the knobs - little button LED's will display the Unit target same as you deck focus does

Third enc line is mapped for my Isolator FX cut/add feature in Traktor. Please check out my other CNTRL:R mappings if you're not introduced to this feature. Pushing down encoders is the way to quickly reset/prepare the values for each EQ band and key adjust that I've added in this mapping.

First pad row is where you select deck to route all the effects to. Holding down the shift allows to select more than one deck at the time which is also new in this mapping.

Use second pad row to select deck you want to use an Isolator for. Check this article or look at my other CNTRL:R mappings (below) to understand how it works.

Third pad row in 4x4 matrix is where all four deck load commands are located. There is also some useful LED feedback there: not loaded-red; loaded-green; playing-flash green. Hold shift and use the same buttons to activate monitor cue for each deck. Idea was simple, load track directly and use same button with shift to preview track.

Last row is mapped for sample triggers (look at pic^). Hold shift to change trigger type for each slot individually. Also! At any time any of this four pads are press the deck flavor will automatically switch to remix deck.

DOWNLOAD

That's all folks. Please let me know if you have any questions alright. Make sure to check my other CNTRL:R mappings for Traktor here:

Advanced mappingl
    Ultimate tool

Keep calm and press buttons

Stewe,

You're really trying to get me to buy one of these, aren't you? I'm this close...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Glad you like this one as well mate.