Looking for suggestions for record pools

Default Looking for suggestions for record pools

I have been using club killers and dj tech tools but i find that most of the stuff is kinda cheesy. I would love to find a record pool for proper house music, good underground tech house, techno, some electro house. None of the popular EDM trend mainstage garbage. I am very frustrated as all of my friends are very much switching to open format top 40 DJ gigs. I dont want to conform, I dont do this for the money I do it for the love of music...

Tech Guru

I don't think there is a decent pool for 'underground' techno and house. Your best bet is to browse residentadvisor.net, listen to podcast's, boiler room's and hunt down tracklists on mixesdb. Once you find some artists you like, look up what label they release on via discogs.com and drill down to new artists/e.p's from there. Subscribe to some YouTube channels like hurfyd, Recordloft Bros, CMYK, 7296272962, secretsundazerecords. Be prepared to run into a shit tone of great vinyl only releases which will probably get you on a set of 1200's.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.

Quote Originally Posted by LoopCat View Post
    I don't think there is a decent pool for 'underground' techno and house. Your best bet is to browse residentadvisor.net, listen to podcast's, boiler room's and hunt down tracklists on mixesdb. Once you find some artists you like, look up what label they release on via discogs.com and drill down to new artists/e.p's from there. Subscribe to some YouTube channels like hurfyd, Recordloft Bros, CMYK, 7296272962, secretsundazerecords. Be prepared to run into a shit tone of great vinyl only releases which will probably get you on a set of 1200's.
    Thank you soooooo much!!! i love these forums and threads.. best thing ever

Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

where do you listen to vinyl releases online?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    where do you listen to vinyl releases online?
    A lot of the time on discogs.com the track has been ripped to youtube, so on the page for the record there's an embedded youtube player. You can browse on record stores like Juno.co.uk and redeyerecords.co.uk and hear a snippet like on beatport, I usually have a youtube browser tab open and just copy and paste the 'artist - track name' and 9x out of 10 its been ripped from a radio show, online mix, or ripped in full by a fan or the label.
    2x Technics sl 1200mk2, Vinyl, Shure m44-7, Xone 22, Audio Technica ATH M50X, Traktor A10, Maschine, Logic X, Ableton Live.