All you scratch guys - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sounds good to me. I think Traktor scratches better than everything else.

yeah i actually watched the DJ Rafik DMC routine on scratch pro and thats what got me to be like hey...theres other shit out theren SSL thanks for the responses guys, last thing i really want to hear from any of you fellow DJTT guys is from my original post, how many of you actually use the solo TT setup and lets say some baby controllers like nano pads for example? do u like it?
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Tech Wizard

i use a single stanton str-8 150 and my vci-100, traktor scratch pro, audio 8 and lappy. for live performances and it works like charm.

Map out the controllers right and you can have easy one button switching of that one table to any deck of Traktor.. Then set the rest of your mapping to control the other decks, could work it without too much hassle really, just some serious time mapping stuff out before you get everything setup like you want it.

I've actually got to rework all of mine right now due to the new traktor version getting 4 effects units and my mapping on the beta version acts weird. I'm in the middle of moving to LA from Orlando right now so I might not get it ironed out for a bit, but I plan on doing something like this for my two turntables and the nanopads.

Set the PadKontrol up to switch my TTs and NPs between all decks separately in Traktor, with the x/y pad on that being able to act as an internal crossfader if needed.

The two NanoPads are used for cue points/loops/beat-jumping/playing, loading tracks, and misc controls respectively on the four scenes the nanos are loaded with. Meanwhile with the x/y pad on these is used for effects on whichever deck the nano is controlling

The NanoKontrol will be mainly setup for controls of the four effect units mainly. Though I'm not quite sure how I'm setting that one up yet as the way the effects react and accessibility is key to me on these.

That's the joy of Traktor, you have so many options. I could honestly see making a setup with pretty much any simple midi controller that could switch the TT to different tracks while controlling another as well.... And that's all you'd need with some innovation in midi mapping. This could be done with pretty much any midi controller, I just like the pads of the Korg products personally, and the x/y pads are just fun! I actually just did my first all digital set about a month ago on just the nanopads and the nanokontrol, wish I could have bought one turntable, I would have had it set up just how you're wanting.

I you opt for something like this let me know, I'd be glad to help with the midi mapping.
    Last edited by TreTuna; 09-10-2009 at 02:00 AM.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Sounds good. Thanks for all the awesome replies and suggestions. When i go for the upgrade im definately going to try the nanokontrol idea TreTuna ill definately let u know how it comes out and/or hit u up for mapping help if necessary. Much appreciated guys
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

Check this thread out... good vid with nanokontrol/nanopad tutorial on there too...

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6927
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12