All you scratch guys
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default All you scratch guys

Heres the deal. Im currently an ITCH+VCI300 user and I love it (for scratching and mixing alike) but want to very soon upgrade to a timecoded vinyl setup. Id love to go SL3 and scratch live but in reality the SL3 is too pricey for me and i do like traktor pro and experimentation. at this point ive sort of made up my mind to audio4dj and traktor scratch pro on a solo TT + 2 channel scratch mixer of some sort. I was wondering how this works out for anyone else who uses a solo TT and traktor scratch pro for freestyle scratching and the like. i will eventually get a second TT for the sake of beatjuggling and just having a full setup. what're you're thoughts guys? how is scratch pro plus single timecode? latency? does it crash often? thanks.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

crashes depend on your computer specs. latency depends on sound card + processor specs a little.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

right very true but it *seems* that traktor being a program that requires a lot of juice has been know to crash more often then say ITCH or SSL simply because the serato software itself creates a lighter load on the cpu.
    Durty Harry
    13" Macbook Pro, Numark TTXUSB, Vestax VMC002XLU (upgraded to cf-pcv crossfader,) Vestax PMC-05 PRO III, Audio 4 DJ, Kontrol X1, Traktor Scratch Duo. -----WWW.LABWERXDJS.NET-----

yeah, it'll crash if you don't have a fast enough processor or not a lot of RAM. just check the NI website for the minimum specs you need and make sure you're pretty well above them, and you should be strayget lol

im changing this thread to everyone what do you think, except chris. i even put up "all the scratch guys" to try an ward you off, to no avail. jk lol :P
    Durty Harry

lol

you need some tech guys on this question as well :P

well then hopefully someone other than you will see this
    Durty Harry

While I haven't run traktor with a single TT setup I've run it with two vestax pdx TTs since I bought it back when it was just traktor scratch about two years ago. You can see my gear list in my signature for all the info on my comp and all the controllers I use. I am VERY intensive on my CPU running traktor scratch and NI's Guitar Rig 3 for my effects on the same computer at the same time, with very few crashes... In fact I don't think I've ever had a crash at a time when I was performing, only when I was messing with stuff around the house. As long as you have a decent computer for it you should be just fine.

One thing that will give you an advantage with scratch as well is the 4 decks so you could use your VCI to control the main two and have the TT controlling the third deck for scratch samples only. I've run like this at times with my Nanos controlling the main mixing and then had a custom wav file that had all my scratch samples loaded into deck 3 for scratches at anytime, worked very well since I never had to load the samples into the deck when I wanted them. Simply mapped out cue points to my PadKontrol for the third and fourth decks so I could hit a cue and instantly have the sample I wanted on my TT for scratching... Provided my mixer is only 2 channels I get away with a third by using the Aux input as another channel for one of the decks.
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

sounds like a pretty cool ass setup. ive though about routing TTs thru a mixer to the vci only thing is VCI has to go to fund DVS.
    Durty Harry

Ahh, got ya, well do what I did, grab a few nanos.. they are great for controlling everything you probably did before with the VCI, just no jog wheels or faders, but you'll have some TTs and a mixer for that now!
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast