Best Setup for transition to a club?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Setup for transition to a club?

What is the best setup under £900 which would be good for use at home but I could transition with that setup to go to a club and know how to use the pro gear there?

If I could use this with my turntables that would be great as I currently dont have a mixer for them?

P.S I have a crap laptop so put that into account of the budget if it is digital

is xone 4D not a standalone mixer? or is it controller only
    seeing as you already have a pair of techs which can definitely be considered pro gear you don't really need anything else, given you play in clubs that have and maintain turntables, however you're more likely to get a pair of CDJs.

i thinkl you have everything that you need already, but if you want to have a pair of CDJs go for Pioneers, you could snatch a nice pair of used 1000s for under 900 quid.

Tech Guru

The CDJ 800 Mk2 is the cheapest player that is equivalent to the club setup. They're about £250 each used.

The 4D should be fine as a mixer surely?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Banned

Yeah, but you can't just bring a Xone 4D to a club... Especially if you want to put it between the turntables/ CDJs that already have a mixer between them...

If there's nothing that you do when performing that requires software, then yeah, get a pair of CDJs. If it's for home use and you'll just be bringing CDs out to gigs, I'd either go for a pair of pioneers because that's what you'll be using at gigs. A case could be made though for a pair of Denons, because of how cheap they are. Especially if you're used to turntables, because the motorized jogwheels are actually pretty nice.

Tech Guru

I didn't imply that the 4D should be brought anywhere, just that it would be a suitable mixer for home use. There's no point getting motorized CD players because you'll never see them in a club.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Banned

No, they're just fun, and the CDJs that have them are cheap as fuck. It's not like being used to motorized jogs at home is going to mess you up when you play on CDJ 2000's at gigs... Just like using turntables at home doesn't fuck you up when you play on 2000's at gigs.

Tech Wizard

Were's the venue?

In my location the clubs don't have more than a mixer normally, so bringing your own gear is the norm; however there's other places that have a full Pioneer setup.

To be frank CDJs are still the easiest transition regardless, and are your best bet.

With not much laptop power how about an XDJ-AERO ? It's record box orientated so you can take your tracks to clubs on USBs if they've got cdj 850s, 900s, 2000s and you can use it as a traktor or serato controller if you ever want to use that software if you get a higher spec'd laptop later on. Might be worth hanging on and see what the XDJ-R1 is like tho before you go for one (soon to be announced at 'some point')
    CDJ 2000s : DJM 900: Reloop RP-7000s : Mixvibes Cross 3+ : HPCompaq : iMac: Maschine 2 : Traktor Pro2 : XDJ-AERO : RMX1000
    facebook.com/djanedalton / and my DJ alter-ego, The Imperatrixx

Aero is awesome.

If I really dig in to it, I'd only can get to the jogs that I don't like too much. Other than that, there great.
    (Also that and the part that you can "do" recordbox on your phone and use that through wifi with it.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Aero is awesome.

If I really dig in to it, I'd only can get to the jogs that I don't like too much. Other than that, there great.
    (Also that and the part that you can "do" recordbox on your phone and use that through wifi with it.
    What about the Pioneer DDJ-SX?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast