getting bad sound from audacity
    Tech Mentor

Default getting bad sound from audacity

i've 20x 1hr dj sets and each set has 1 track that i love. that is 20 tracks. i want to record these tracks off these sets so i can load them on to ableton and then export it into a long loop since i can stand listening to it for longer time.

i'm using audacity to record, i tried steromixer and wave and the bass sounds louder while the mid/hi's lack in volume. the source that i'm playing the sets from vary from winamp and soundcloud.

any ideas on how to record the same quality that i'm listening too. im tired of having to skip thru the dj set, or downloading the soundcloud sets just for 1 track. i want to just save these tracks that i enjoy listening to without having to go back to the set and jump through it.

any ideas? THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    2x numark TT's, djm350, and vinyls/records and that's all i use man.

So you're cutting tunes out of other people's sets to play in your own sets? Potentially unreleased tracks too?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Jesus Christ...

Maybe you can find out the title and artist with Shazam or something?
    Last edited by 4eoN; 05-25-2013 at 03:03 PM.
    DJing: Traktor Pro 2 | NI Audio 8 | NI X1 | Pioneer DJM 250 | Technics SL-1200 MK2 | Mashine Mikro MK2
    Sound: Fame 5080AM Monitors | 2x DIY Speaker | Technics RP-DJ1210 Headphones

1. figure out a digital music store
    2. buy the tracks you like (guaranteed quality)
    3. ???
    4. profit?

Or just do it all in Ableton... whu use Audacity at all?

edit. Ahh I see - you want to record whats playing in the browser/winamp etc.

Yeah Audacity can be set to record what your pc is playing - should be an exact copy as well so not sure whats up.

But yeah you should be buying the tracks even if it's just to listen to.
    Last edited by Nicky H; 05-25-2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: fuck knows
    SC | MC

Tech Mentor

SoundCloud only streams at 128kbs so your best bet would be to download them and cut them up in Audacity

Quote Originally Posted by cutflow View Post
    i've 20x 1hr dj sets and each set has 1 track that i love. that is 20 tracks. i want to record these tracks off these sets so i can load them on to ableton and then export it into a long loop since i can stand listening to it for longer time.

i'm using audacity to record, i tried steromixer and wave and the bass sounds louder while the mid/hi's lack in volume. the source that i'm playing the sets from vary from winamp and soundcloud.

any ideas on how to record the same quality that i'm listening too. im tired of having to skip thru the dj set, or downloading the soundcloud sets just for 1 track. i want to just save these tracks that i enjoy listening to without having to go back to the set and jump through it.

any ideas? THANKS IN ADVANCE.
    check the stream quality in winamp. most station will stream at 128 or 192. if you use the soundcloud downloader plugin that does not make the download the uploaded quality, only the player bitrate, i.e 128.
    a lot of hassle for a shitty rip really when you can just ID and buy the tunes eh.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "