Epic quest for a good free mass file renamers have finally come to an end!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Epic quest for a good free mass file renamers have finally come to an end!!

Ever sat down in front of your computer > opened up your mp3 collection > thought to your self > WTF IS THIS SHIT?!?! All yours songs are all over the place and not arranged by the the artists name cause alot of the times there are those annoying track numbers in front of the track and also the infamous "01. Wtf_Why_Are_There_UnderScores - In_The_Damn_Song_Name.mp3". You slap your self on the head wishing there was a way to make all those annoying track numbers and stupid ass underscores disappear, well my friends here is the result of that epic GG quest

http://download.cnet.com/File-and-MP...-10018579.html

All i have to say is i fakin love this little proggie. It does everything I've ever asked for and more (man handling naggy wives/bitchy gf's not included). The main 3 things I use this prog for is the

1) Case function: Converts everything to its proper casing (but you can also select all caps or all lower case)

2) Trim Feature: You can select the left trim feature and select the amount of characters you want to left trim the file name by, therefore removing those pesty track numbers in front of the file

3) Replace/Remove Character feature: Great for removing those dumbass under scores and replace them with a "Space"

You can also do nifty things like edit ID tags, so for some songs that dont have ID tags you can set the tags by telling the proggie to name the ID tag after the song name. Really great stuff, I highly recommend it to anyone thats obsessive compulsive about their track collections like I am.

w00t

Edit: This is for PC's only, sorry Apples
    Last edited by j1n; 09-09-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Sounds good man, will have a look. Churrs!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by aout6 View Post
    anything like that for mac?
    Sorry bro, you chose to join the "Exclusive" club when you decided to buy a mac. Which correlates to you having to pay for all of your shit =P. But seriouslee tho I dont own a mac so I can't be sure if they have one that works for you. Just try googling around and with a good amount of luck Im sure you will find something.

Tech Guru

this could probably be programmed in the automator.
    FIX8:OSCill8
    My Rig: Macbook 13" (2.16ghz 4gb crucial ram), VCI-100 custom paint, Korg Nanopad, Axiom 25, DJIO

Tech Mentor

There's a program called The Tagger for Macs. You have 14 days to try it. I noticed, though, that if you delete the .plist after the expiring date and re-install, you get another 14 days...

ok but srsly:

this:

looks SO much better than this:

soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

mp3tag does all this and links to databases like discogs to tag things automatically

http://mp3tag.de .. its a beauty of an app. Totally customisable to
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

actually.., in the pictures the windows system looks alot faster and more comprehensive. it gives you a read of real info and proposed results. And also the tree/location. Does the mac system have another view? If these systems had duplicate finders in them it would be nice. But thats another program.
    all these colors all this metal all this colored mental .. is just sun.

Beauty is only skin deep, like audiomontana says this program is very practical and very easy to use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast