Very low volume on recording in traktor.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Very low volume on recording in traktor.

Well there are many post's about it but I could'nt find a solution for this one.

When I record with traktor using x1600 mixer I get very low recording volume and even if I increase the gain level of recording there is no significant increase in volume. Everything is set to external recording and I record everything using D deck of FX channel which you can set up in you mixer and traktor preferences.

I might missing something here so I'll check it out after work if there is more stuff about recording in mixer's manual.

Thanks.
    -Ableton suite- -Traktor- -Kontrol Z1- -Kontrol X1- -Oxygen 49- -BX8- -HD25II- -Buddha-

Tech Guru

Does the mixer have any setting utility either on the mixer or the computer? There might be some headroom/attenuation setting you can change somewhere.

Otherwise just boost the volume in software while you re-encode the file.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

yeah you can change the channel input levels etc in the utility. +/- 6db i think. i still use the audio 6 to record from my 1600.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I'll try the utility thing later, probably it is with the mixer's soundcard. Jester I know that there are too many problems with 1600's soundcard, but I have spent some time on it and it is working perfectly now. But to be honest if I had more money, I would go for audio card

I can boost the sound with any other software after the mix is finished, but it sounds a bit distorted even if it is -1 db, so that does'nt work well.
    -Ableton suite- -Traktor- -Kontrol Z1- -Kontrol X1- -Oxygen 49- -BX8- -HD25II- -Buddha-

well i found this over on the NI forum http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...Denon+DN-X1600

i'm in bed atm but i will have a play around tomorrow and lets see if we can help you out
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

what is your master volume knob in traktor set to?
    gain knobs on x1600?

can you post your traktor settings?
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    what is your master volume knob in traktor set to?
    gain knobs on x1600?

can you post your traktor settings?
    Ok so this is going to sound very very honky, but i thought id throw it out there as ive done the same w ierd kind of thing on a analog mixer.

Since you are recording from D.... why not get a TSR 1/4" to RCA, and go from your both to Channel four. Not only could you then boost the sound from a monitor source into deck D, but then boost deck D as well, and in software, all making sure you dont clip for the cleanest possible sound.

Just throwing an idea out there. Ive heard nothing but poor reviews of the digital aspects of that machine

Right I did all the knobs, my settings are ok, everything is set up properly like channels to 1/2,3/4 etc... and D deck is set to REC.
    Settings are set up to external mode, and the recording device is deck D or channel 7/8 on my mixer.

I got gain knobs for every channel and they are really enought for a boost, I use XLR connections and that is the only connections I use on my mixer plus usb cable ofcourse.

What about Rec Out terminals on x1600 is there has to be something connect in order to record in traktor?

There is one strange thing about recording as I set for example deck C to Rec which is 5/6 channel on my mixer and select the other channel for recording like D in TRAKTOR which is not even set up to REC it still records but at the same very very low volume. Now I'm confused again.

Thanks.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Kazkox View Post
    Right I did all the knobs, my settings are ok, everything is set up properly like channels to 1/2,3/4 etc... and D deck is set to REC.
    Settings are set up to external mode, and the recording device is deck D or channel 7/8 on my mixer.
    Instead of using Deck D you should get it also working by using FX Send:

0) X1600: USB 7/8 set to REC.
    1) Traktor input routing: Input FX Send: 7/8.
    2) Select Input FX as source in the mix recorder tab.

This way you have [edit] also [/edit] all four decks available.

What about Rec Out terminals on x1600 is there has to be something connect in order to record in traktor?
    Usually no (additional) cables required if you use the X1600's internal soundcard.

If I remember correctly, since one of the latest Traktor versions (2.5.x or 2.6.x ?) the record volume is now also affected by Traktor's main volume knob. So make sure that both Traktor-knobs (Main volume + mix recorder gain) are adjusted.

On the X1600 itself you can adjust some levels here :

o) Utility -> (1) Audio -> (7) USBAudio -> beginning at (4) or
    o) Utility -> (1) Audio -> (8) D. Out

---------------------------------------------------------
    You can find some details about this in the manual:
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    7-4 Output Level ---> Selects the USB audio output level.
    7-5 CH Input Level ---> Selects the level when USB audio is input into Channel 1–4.
    7-6 Mas Input Level -->Selects the level when USB audio is input into Master.
    7-7 Cue Input Level ---> Selects the level when USB audio is input into Cue.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    8 Digital Out Setting --->Selects the output level for the Digital Out terminal.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by solger; 05-28-2013 at 12:19 PM.

After messing around with it we got a winner! That was a 7-4 Output Level ---> Selects the USB audio output level option. I had to set it on x1600 at +20db and now the damn volume while recording is back to normal!

The input FX send thing is usefull as well, but probably all the knobs on deck D or channel 7/8 will adjust the recording levels.

Thanks for the help, seems like there will be no more problems with this one (hopefully). It is time to disappear for a moment )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast