Musicians flex creative muscles on iPhones - Article
    Tech Mentor

Default Musicians flex creative muscles on iPhones - Article

Was surprised to open up the electronic version of the San Francisco Chronicle and find the above titled article.

<snip>

Among the tens of thousands of applications created for Apple Inc.'s iPod Touch and iPhone are more than 100 that transform the devices into music makers: synthesizers, guitars and drum machines that allow you to tap out rhythms and melodies, as well as trombones, flutes and ocarinas activated by blowing into the microphone.

Professional musicians are increasingly embracing the more sophisticated digital instruments, using them in live performances, DJ sets and recordings.

Tech Mentor

And quite naturally on that same news site, some idiot/hater/short-sighted person had this to say...

People, unless you're Kraftwerk, just learn to play real analog instruments. Everything else is just posing. I love how DJs think they're "musicicans" -- they're just guys who know how to take the work of existing musicians and sync it up. Lame, lame, lame.

Tech Guru

createdigitalmusic.com also frequently covers iphone apps. to me its nice and accessable stuff .. but what i like most about it .. its a platform to test out ideas on how to do touch apps.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

damn after reading the comments on that article..there are some pissed off people in sf.. :P
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

Quote Originally Posted by empolo View Post
    And quite naturally on that same news site, some idiot/hater/short-sighted person had this to say...
    Yeah, I had to step back before I signed up for an account and reamed that little P.o.S. for saying some BS like that... Whew.... calm down Tuna... don't have to go after all of them... Hate close minded A**holes like that
    Tre Tuna
    DJ and Recording and Mixing engineer for live and studio sound
    Traktor Pro 2.7.1 | MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4gigs ram
    Stanton STR8-150s | Ortofon Q-Bert Carts
    NI Z2, F1, Machine MK I, RigKontrol 3 | Dicers | PadKontrol