Getting your first gig
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Getting your first gig

I know their is probably some article or other thread about on the website but here is the question. Im 15 so how and where can i get a job as a dj and where can i advertise my self. Please ANY advice is helpful.
    Emachines E528 4GB of Ram Traktor Pro 2 | MF Classic | Numark Stereo IO | Numark Mixtrack |

Mixcloud

Tech Guru

Definitely way too young... your best bet is school events. You aren't going to be getting into any clubs any time soon.

Practise and play in your room until you're 18 and then start looking for gigs.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    Practise and play in your room until you're 18 and then start looking for gigs.
    (Childish whining) But i don't wanna wait!!!!!!!!!
    Emachines E528 4GB of Ram Traktor Pro 2 | MF Classic | Numark Stereo IO | Numark Mixtrack |

Mixcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Bcaylor22 View Post
    (Childish whining) But i don't wanna wait!!!!!!!!!
    Controllerism videos on YouTube. That's basically the only real "market" for people your age unfortunately. There's also a SLIGHT possibility that if a club is running a regular under-18s night you could get a spot there, assuming you've got the skills.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

At that age, play for your friends and family. Sometimes, all you need is word of mouth from social friends.
    Used Record Shopper

Tech Guru

sweet 16s, friends partys, school events, ish like that.........spread the word of what you're all about around school and friends. If there is some under 21 spots, try going out to those and see what they're all about, if you like them, then frequent them and try to make friends and see if you can maybe get a shot in an opening slot

Start producing download the trial of ableton and start making music and uploading it to soundcloud (only if it is good)
    Producing really helps get your name out there.

Here's the ableton trial https://www.ableton.com/en/trial/?gc...FQdepgodUwEA0w
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Guru

Don't think of being young as a disadvantage. Think of it as having 3 more years than everyone else to get better before you enter the circuit. I discovered DJing way too late, and I don't have any time to really mess around with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast