[Electro] First Track, looking for feedback please!

Default First Track, looking for feedback please!

Hey Forum!
    this is my first track i've made
    https://soundcloud.com/ins1ght
    made the beat with reason and added Bored of Canada
    would love feedback!

Tech Mentor

It's a bit bland at the moment in my opinion and it needs to be louder, you can learn about that by looking up EQ and mastering though. I've not heard the original though man, but I love the vibez that it's showing. It sounds quite atmospheric? but I think you should re-look at at it and approach it from another angle? Do you want people to dance to this? or is it a chill track or what man? It's quite short too for an electronic track, normally a track this long on soundcloud would be a clip?

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by MeetsMandy View Post
    It's a bit bland at the moment in my opinion and it needs to be louder, you can learn about that by looking up EQ and mastering though. I've not heard the original though man, but I love the vibez that it's showing. It sounds quite atmospheric? but I think you should re-look at at it and approach it from another angle? Do you want people to dance to this? or is it a chill track or what man? It's quite short too for an electronic track, normally a track this long on soundcloud would be a clip?
    I completely agree with you, it does sound more like a clip & a bit bland, It's more of a chill out track,
    maybe i could space it out more and add a different beat in between? Thanks for the reply