VCI-300 Jogwheel wobble
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Glen McArdle

Default VCI-300 Jogwheel wobble

Hey guys,

I have had my VCI-300 for a while know, using it with Traktor, and I must say; I love my VCI-300.

But one thing irritates the hell out of me. And that is the slight wobble I get when rotating the right jogwheel. This irritates me because the rest of the console is such quility and robust and I want the whole thing to be just perfect. I can spin the left jogwheel around and around fast all I want, it just keeps nicely centerd the way it should, no wobble whatsoever.

I'm planning on a slight change in look for my faders (I'm gonna go for the black ones they originaly put on the demo models of the VCI-300) and like I said, I just want it to be perfect. I mean it didn't come at a cheap price.

I wonder if any of you have the experience or knowhow on how to fix that wobble. As I am affraid of messing it up if I take the console apart. Tho I have taken off the jogwheels to take a look if there is anything I can adjust from that side to fix the wobble, but I didn't see it.

All help would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

i don't own a vci 300, but can't you just screw the jogs off like a vci100?! if so just do this and see if there's anything constrains the jog..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Glen McArdle

That's what I did, but I couldn't see anything wrong there... It's the 'motor' thats causing the wobble I think..

Default Yo

Yo I got the same thing with my left jog I contacted serato they told me to send the unit to them... I did not send it yet but I am thinking about it
    f0tif0

Glen McArdle

Yeah, But what are they gonna do about it what I can't do myself with a little knowlegde to what de cause of the problem is and how to disassemble the unit? I mean, I don't want to miss my unit for a couple of weeks man...

same here i cant give it up since it might take more than couple off weeks...
    but i know one thing if u open it u might loose the waranty
    f0tif0

My vci-100 has made a noise from the right jog wheel since i got it.
    But I ignore it as I didn't want to be without my new toy.

Doesn't bother me so much as I would expect something like this from wear and tear eventually anyway.
    < Progressive | Trance | Full On Psy | Liquid DnB >
    < Xone:1D:22:2D + Vestax PadOne >

Glen McArdle

So nobody knows how to fix that jogwheel wobble on the VCI-300?

if its the same as a vci-100 i fixed myn (when doing the firmware upgrade) by unscrewing the platter so it lifts off, then tightening the 3 screws holding the spinny thing in place (technical i know lol) now myn has a slight wobble but nowere neer as bad as it was, its hardly noticable.
    MBPro - UC-33e - Audio 10 - TSP2 - Xone 22 - 1210's - Mackie MR5's

Glen McArdle

Yeah, but what if it's the 'spinny' thing or 'motor' or whatever you want to call it is the thing that wobbles?

And how can you keep the spinny thing in place whilst screwing the platter back on when it's the platter covering the spinny thingy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast