Got my hands on a Xone:92.. now what?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Got my hands on a Xone:92.. now what?

Hi guys and girls,

First of all, great forum you have! Been a reader for some time and love the way this forum helps. Gots my really motivated.

Now, after a year of using the Mixtrack Pro I feel it's time to get more serious with my dj-ing. After seeing some youtube series and videos I feel in love with the Xone:92 and decided to search for a used one. I found one for a reasonable price and can't wait to use it.

But what is next? I use Traktor and already have 1 Traktor X1. I know I need a soundcard next. Should it be the the A10 or are there other (cheaper/better) options? I like techno and deephouse music and planning to use 3 too 4 decks. As I already are going to spend a lot of my budget for the Xone and not planning to use anything else, except maybe a second X1 (do you guys suggest this?), what else do I need to buy or what can you recommend me?

As I use a controller at the moment I don't know how hard it will be to setup the mixer with Traktor and I am quiet lost on what's necassery. I don't want an overkill, so that's why I ask you people if you can please help me out.

Tech Guru

If you're using 3 decks, then Audio 6. If you're using 4 decks then Audio 8 or 10.

Controllers are up to you. Everyone has different wants and needs.

Tech Guru

You only need a Traktor Audio6/10 if you plan on using timecode. Otherwise you can use any sound card you like.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

But there's not really a lot of competition in the 8-out-soundcard business (at least not in the same price range)
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Guru

The Zomo MC 1000 gives you 8 outputs in addition to plenty of controls for the same price as the A10. The Reloop Contour has 8 outputs too, but is harder to find now that it's discontinued.

And the ESI Gigaport is a cheap standalone 8 out soundcard thats less than half the price of the A10. I'm sure there are plenty of other cards out there too.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8

Well, things might have changed since I looked around about 2 years ago. I'm quite certain the Zomo one wasn't around then, don't know about the Reloop (but then again, it's Reloop, the brandname alone would put me off - things might have changed there as well, but prejudices from back in the day are hard to eradicate). The Gigaport I know, but I'm not sure it's worthwhile, I don't think the DA converters are as nice as the ones in the NI interfaces.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Tech Guru

Was comparing the above sound cards to the discontinued standalone A10 sorry, the Scratch A10 package is now much more expensive at £400.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
    Now, after a year of using the Mixtrack Pro I feel it's time to get more serious with my dj-ing. After seeing some youtube series and videos I feel in love with the Xone:92 and decided to search for a used one. I found one for a reasonable price and can't wait to use it.

But what is next? I use Traktor and already have 1 Traktor X1. I know I need a soundcard next. Should it be the the A10 or are there other (cheaper/better) options? I like techno and deephouse music and planning to use 3 too 4 decks. As I already are going to spend a lot of my budget for the Xone and not planning to use anything else, except maybe a second X1 (do you guys suggest this?), what else do I need to buy or what can you recommend me?

As I use a controller at the moment I don't know how hard it will be to setup the mixer with Traktor and I am quiet lost on what's necassery. I don't want an overkill, so that's why I ask you people if you can please help me out.
    First congratulations for purchasing Xone92. It's a great mixer and I am sure you will love it. From what I understand you definitely need a sound card. The Audio6 is up to 3 channels and the Audio8/10 is up to 4 channels in your mixer. Right now with a sound card and the X1 you have, you will be able to control 2 decks in Traktor. You need one more X1 to control 4 decks and of course Audio8/10. Instead of an X1 you can get an F1. With one X1 and one F1 you will control 2 track decks and two remix decks. I suggest you just get either Audio8 or 10 for now, stick a bit with X1 and then see what is more suitable for you and slowly buy it. There are also other controllers and sound cards that you might prefer instead of the Native Instruments ones. Another good controller for example with an onboard 4 channel sound card is the XoneK2 (http://www.allen-heath.com/uk/Produc...oneK2&SubCatId)

In order to setup the mixer with Traktor you need the sound card. Once you purchase it, it is very easy to connect it to your mixer and set it up, especially if you buy the Native Instruments ones as it is plug and play. If anything feel free to ask.
    Xone92 | 2x Technics SL-1210MK2 | 2x CDJ2000 | Audio10 | X1 | Macbook Pro 13'' | TSP 2.6

If you're playing beatgridded house music, then getting a Zomo MC-1000 would probably be the best purchase you'll ever make. Get it with the PMK-3 mount kit, which mounts the controller behind the mixer like so:

You will be a VERY happy bunny indeed.

EDIT: If avoiding "overkill" is your goal, then the Zomo's perfect tbh. 4 deck control from a single unit which mounts in close proximity to the mixer, giving you easy access to both transport, FX, and EQing working on a single axis (ie, JUST in front of you, no reaching off to the sides etc).

I use the Zomo when I'm doing traditional "remix" sets without much in the way of performance DJing.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

Why do you say that mdcdesign? I didn't know it had a soundcard built in, I'm a lot more interested now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast