Cole Plante possibly the next big EDM artist??????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Cole Plante possibly the next big EDM artist??????

Michelle Banayan, Staff Writer for Beverly HighLights

Freshman Cole Plante moved to Beverly Hills from West Covina, Calif. in 2009 to improve upon his fencing skills. However, Plante ended up dropping fencing to focus on music and becoming a DJ, something he had been interested in for four years.
    “My dad was a DJ, so I took after him. I started messing with his old DJ equipment, and it just came naturally. I had been into music since I was seven,” Plante said.
    Plante sent his music to well-known DJ Paul Oakenfold, a friend of his dad, one and a half years ago, and got singed with him just last week. Oakenfold introduced Plante to Red Bull, which ended up collaborating with him for many of its events.
    “[Red Bull] has always been so supportive of me. They let me use their studio, introduced me to many people, got me awesome and exclusive Red Bull items, and took me to all their events. They are a really great group of people,” Plante said.
    Within less than a year of working with Plante, Oakenfold found an event for Plante to DJ at in Las Vegas, Nevada for 4,000 people. This was Plante’s first performance and his first sign that he would be continuing his DJ career for quite some time.
    Two weeks ago, Disney Channel signed Plante as an artist and producer. He appeared in a music video for Disney Channel’s show “Shake it Up,” will be on its season finale, and he will also be a DJ for a Disney dance competition.
    “[My journey as a DJ] was pretty fast. In one year, I have gotten from the Las Vegas performance to playing in Miami and getting signed with Disney. I shot straight to the top,” Plante said.
    Formerly known as KiD DJ, Plante changed his pseudonym to Cole, for he does not feel his DJ career will stop any time soon.
    “Definitely this is going to be a long-term career choice. Obviously it is going to go along with making music and acting,” Plante said.
    Already, Plante has performed in Las Vegas, Hollywood, Miami, San Francisco, school fundraisers, and in two weeks, San Diego. He plays mostly dance music like electro house, progressive house, big room house and sometimes dubstep.
    “I love seeing the joy I bring to people when I perform at all of these performances,” Plante said. “Just hearing the music and seeing the reactions makes it amazing! I also love the traveling and I am grateful for it all.”
    While juggling a budding career, Plante also maintains the schedule of a typical high school student. He is in honors classes, the marching band and on the track and field team.

Just want your opinion on this guy do you think hes a joke or he is actually pretty legit. I mean I am 15 (gonna turn 16 next April) and i cant help but notice this guy. He oozes inspiration out the wazoo that just screams it doesn't matter how old you are you can accomplish anything but with that being said my dad wasnt a dj and doesn't know Paul Oakenfeld. He has been inducted to the Elektro Magazine Freshman class (He is the youngest)

Here is a few pictures

Cole-Plante.jpg
    cole 2.jpgcole 1.jpgcole.jpg
    Emachines E528 4GB of Ram Traktor Pro 2 | MF Classic | Numark Stereo IO | Numark Mixtrack |

Mixcloud

Tech Guru

Never heard of him or any songs.

It's not that you can't hit it big <18, but you have to be EXTREMELY good -> Madeon.

Getting big is all about connections which he had. It's tough to find connections if you're not even able to hit the clubs.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bcaylor22 View Post
    Michelle Banayan, Staff Writer for Beverly HighLights

Freshman Cole Plante moved to Beverly Hills from West Covina, Calif. in 2009 to improve upon his fencing skills. However, Plante ended up dropping fencing to focus on music and becoming a DJ, something he had been interested in for four years.
    “My dad was a DJ, so I took after him. I started messing with his old DJ equipment, and it just came naturally. I had been into music since I was seven,” Plante said.
    Plante sent his music to well-known DJ Paul Oakenfold, a friend of his dad, one and a half years ago, and got singed with him just last week. Oakenfold introduced Plante to Red Bull, which ended up collaborating with him for many of its events.
    “[Red Bull] has always been so supportive of me. They let me use their studio, introduced me to many people, got me awesome and exclusive Red Bull items, and took me to all their events. They are a really great group of people,” Plante said.
    Within less than a year of working with Plante, Oakenfold found an event for Plante to DJ at in Las Vegas, Nevada for 4,000 people. This was Plante’s first performance and his first sign that he would be continuing his DJ career for quite some time.
    Two weeks ago, Disney Channel signed Plante as an artist and producer. He appeared in a music video for Disney Channel’s show “Shake it Up,” will be on its season finale, and he will also be a DJ for a Disney dance competition.
    “[My journey as a DJ] was pretty fast. In one year, I have gotten from the Las Vegas performance to playing in Miami and getting signed with Disney. I shot straight to the top,” Plante said.
    Formerly known as KiD DJ, Plante changed his pseudonym to Cole, for he does not feel his DJ career will stop any time soon.
    “Definitely this is going to be a long-term career choice. Obviously it is going to go along with making music and acting,” Plante said.
    Already, Plante has performed in Las Vegas, Hollywood, Miami, San Francisco, school fundraisers, and in two weeks, San Diego. He plays mostly dance music like electro house, progressive house, big room house and sometimes dubstep.
    “I love seeing the joy I bring to people when I perform at all of these performances,” Plante said. “Just hearing the music and seeing the reactions makes it amazing! I also love the traveling and I am grateful for it all.”
    While juggling a budding career, Plante also maintains the schedule of a typical high school student. He is in honors classes, the marching band and on the track and field team.

Just want your opinion on this guy do you think hes a joke or he is actually pretty legit. I mean I am 15 (gonna turn 16 next April) and i cant help but notice this guy. He oozes inspiration out the wazoo that just screams it doesn't matter how old you are you can accomplish anything but with that being said my dad wasnt a dj and doesn't know Paul Oakenfeld. He has been inducted to the Elektro Magazine Freshman class (He is the youngest)

Here is a few pictures

Cole-Plante.jpg
    cole 2.jpgcole 1.jpgcole.jpg

I'm afraid I've never heard of him, and tbh he sounds very mainstream with the genres you've mentioned, millions like him have sprung up in the last few years, he just happened to get somewhere due to connections with Oakenfold. It's hardly a story of coming up from the Underground scene... signed for Disney ffs, lol
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Tech Mentor

"Already, Plante has performed in Las Vegas, Hollywood, Miami, San Francisco, school fundraisers, and in two weeks, San Diego. He plays mostly dance music like electro house, progressive house, big room house and sometimes dubstep."

School fundraisers huh? moving up big time.
    Oh and he plays prog and dubstep. Wow how original.
    who needs actual talent when your dad is mates with Oakenfold?

Since I drank a liter of haterade this morning.

What's with the stupid f*&%ing haircuts.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

Quote Originally Posted by geminimech View Post
    Since I drank a liter of haterade this morning.

What's with the stupid f*&%ing haircuts.
    Sig'd.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

haha this guy is definitely made for Disney channel...

Tech Mentor

This article should have been called "Everything that is wrong with EDM in 3 paragraphs or less"

Tech Wizard

I love these responses, definitely made me laugh.
    Emachines E528 4GB of Ram Traktor Pro 2 | MF Classic | Numark Stereo IO | Numark Mixtrack |

Mixcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    "Already, Plante has performed in Las Vegas, Hollywood, Miami, San Francisco, school fundraisers, and in two weeks, San Diego. He plays mostly dance music like electro house, progressive house, big room house and sometimes dubstep."

School fundraisers huh? moving up big time.
    Oh and he plays prog and dubstep. Wow how original.
    who needs actual talent when your dad is mates with Oakenfold?
    Exactly

Mixcloud

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast