Thinking about getting the SC2000

Default Thinking about getting the SC2000

Hey guys! was wondering who would be the best person to talk to..... I would like to get the Denon SC2000 and map the Jog and the Cue buttons to act like the Jog Effects of the S4 or the VCI 400.

I know a small bit of mapping but nothing like that. Anyway it can be done??

I currently run Tpro 2 and DJM-t1. Have 1200's but want something more portable to just stroll with.

Any help would be awesome thanks!!
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Hey tomii,

I'm glad to see some interest in creating jogFX mapping for the SC2000. Check out this tread:

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=52713

I did help once with this kind of mapping but for VCI mk2. Please take a read and feel free to post any question you might have.

I did had some trouble mapping the encoder knobs (total n00b) for FX. still haven't tried mapping the jog
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    I did had some trouble mapping the encoder knobs (total n00b) for FX. still haven't tried mapping the jog
    Make sure to set encoder rotary in relative mode and to try out both encoder modes. From there just set rotary sensitivity to amount you suit the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Make sure to set encoder rotary in relative mode and to try out both encoder modes. From there just set rotary sensitivity to amount you suit the best.
    If I recall correctly, I was able to map the armyofme "drama" efx to one of the encoders but when if I would turn the encoder in the other direction the amount of dry/wet would instantly drop to 0%. Had no idea what I did wrong so I just gave up on it.

I would really like to modify the existing 4deck mapping by asigning each fx encoder on the top of the unit a different effect (so in total 16 possible effects via "fx unit" button which is a hardware shift).
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Awesome! Man djtechtools community is awesome! Knowing that I am able to do it and having help mapping is awesome! Yeah awesome is the word of the day! Thanks for the quick reply brother! I guess im going to purchase this controller then.

So do you think that I should get two? I know that one can control both decks, but will the mapping be able to be set up for both decks on one controller? will the firmware be able to handle that?

I primarily use 1200's and a 3D but I would like to have something that I can toss a bag and roll out. So if one will work then i would rather have that.
    "Music is the purest form of art... therefore true poets, they who are seers, seek to express the universe in terms of music... " "Music is your own experience, your own thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn. They teach you there's a boundary line to music. But, man, there's no boundary line to art." Quotes of wisdom...

Quote Originally Posted by tomii View Post
    Awesome! Man djtechtools community is awesome! Knowing that I am able to do it and having help mapping is awesome! Yeah awesome is the word of the day! Thanks for the quick reply brother! I guess im going to purchase this controller then.
    Really nice to hear bro!

So do you think that I should get two? I know that one can control both decks, but will the mapping be able to be set up for both decks on one controller? will the firmware be able to handle that?
    It's not limited by firmware. What single controller can do is limited by software or the creativity that you approach mapping. Take example of my mapping, I can control all four decks but by using two focuses. This gives me ability to control any of four deck from any or both sides of the unit. It's unique workflow.

So you can map four deck control if you wish not to buy another one. However you might want to check out CMD PL-1 which will sell as a four deck controller with the four page firmware where you don't need to dig into modifiers if you don't want to. I have a prototype and I'm loving it (got some mappings too). I don't know how soon will be out but if you want to buy something right now I recommend getting denon.