Want to preview a pre-release House track?

Default Want to preview a pre-release House track?

Hi all my DJTT friends!

I am posting an early mix of my future release Sebastian Ese - Early Sunshine. This is just a preview of what will be soon released digitally. All your coments and insights are always welcomed

Man, great job. Honestly. I really like the way your music is mellow, but maintains a level of energy throughout.

And I love the way you use vocal sampling. Actually all (or most) of your tracks that I've listened to have this vocal element to them. It's cool. Keep it up.
    LamboxMusic.com
    Newest release: A Pimp's Overture in B-Flat Minor
    Check out my free "Robo Rhythm" EP: Here

Soundcloud - Facebook - Twitter

Thanks man! Your comment makes me really happy because you pointed out exactly what I aim for, mellow but with energy. And I really like the feeling and vibe that a vocal loop or sample can add to a track, It must have like a scientific explanation but voices are very fast recognized in the brain and add something else to music, that no instument may add...
    Nevertheless I expect to do different things in the future, this is a journey that is just starting for me, I have too much too learn , but I am already seeing results I have never expected. Thanks again.

Cheers!

Tech Mentor

hi Sebastian,
    finally got around to giving your track a more intensive listening. I wanted to write a comment before, but sorry to tell you i was either to overworked or to drunk...

I had it playing on my home PA and I and my neighbors (had to) enjoyed it a lot!!! I totally agree with Lambox, good energy but mellow ( the piano line somewhat reminded me of La Esquina on that Loco Dice album)
    I like the build up and the balance between that groovy Latin house sound and the minimalist loop based techno purism.

The only two comments I`de possibly have (in my own humble oppinion) would be that at min: 2:53 the looped piano chord might maybe start off beat at the lowest tone (sorry I don't know how to express that terminology in English correctly)
    and that you might want to tweak the way you fade it out just a little bit, cause it signifies the melodic climax of the track and then sort of leaves without warning at around 5:00 (at least the melody though the rhythmic element is still there) .
    maybe thatīs exactly the effect you intended but possibly some transposing+mild distortion or something would be nice.

Don`t get me wrong it's a great track and I guess that you could master it right away and I`de buy it.

PS: cheers for the LFO Filter hint, I honestly never thought about that (noob)

damn.

i like it.

[ ms ]

Well, as you know, Im a huge fan of yours! And this track i deff. no exception! Very nice and groooovy!

BUT, i know that constructive crtitsism probably helps you more, so this is my try at this:

Maybe you are throwing it all in a bit to early? I would keep my best cards (sounds) untill the later part of the track.

I would adjust the level of the main percussion channel. The level is nice in the first part of the track, but later on things get a bit bussy and I think it would help if the percussion level was lowered a bit.

0:56: This flute.... Grrr... I think the key could be ajusted?

4:45: the piano levels fades and commes back a bit. I would work a bit on the Piano level here. Maybe do an effect driven fade out, in or before the break.

Thats my (small) suggestions for changes. But have no doubt, I think this is a fantastic track. very nice going dude!!!

Thanks you guys for giving me a hand with your insights, to be honest I agree with all of them, most of the things you both are pointing out are very true. I really appreciate the help and trying to take things in consideration, and looking into how to apply most of them. Although there are some of the details you pointed out that I intended, I wanted it to start with the climax, and to be short. And some of them that are not just so easy to fix... even if I wanted to. Just need to get better in production, improove my poor studio and equipment. And see how can I incorporate more things that I know.

At the time I have more tracks that I am taking lots of time and dedication, but I kind of have to start getting this old ones out now. I was givena good opportunity to do so and I cant take forever.I am working together with the label mastering guy to get them ready so I can have something out and work an even better deal for the next ones. So my time to finish them is ending... :eek:

Derjay and Mads thanks a lot...

Tech Guru

wicked tune sebastian, nice work!

I like it. It has a nice, tribal groove. Kind of day time house. Perfect early morning, after party music.