Just ordered my first bit of kit! What did your first ever setup consist of?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Just ordered my first bit of kit! What did your first ever setup consist of?

I just ordered a Traktor S2 (w/ Blue Chroma Caps) and a Traktor Pro 2 Macbook Pro Keyboard Cover!

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Mine was home made two channel mixer (pre amp) and two Cassette decks . It's like a different planet now with all this new technology.

As for my first controller it was BCD3000! Used it for about two years and for that wile I made a super custom map since I was needing a bigger setup and it was my only peace of MIDI gear. 3k got unique layout and that's what got me inspired to learn mappings in first place. BCD3000 clone with Livid quality components would be my dream controller

Good to go for your first peace of kit. You can find pretty nice mappings for S2 in here mappings page.

Tech Mentor

I started with a single 1210, a portable aiwa cd player, and a broken 2 channel Kam mixer (no working crossfader, and one line fader dodgey). Had this set-up for 6 months before buying the second 1210. Then another few months before getting a Gemini PS626. Still got the 1210's 15 years later, mixer has changed a few times though.

This is why I always recommend people to buy technics decks when they are starting out. They are very unlikely to break (never had to do a thing in 15 years, not even change a bulb), and they are worth almost what I paid for them all these years later. And short of getting a cheap controller, they are almost the cheapest set-up available (excluding mixer admittedly).
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

2 x Citronic PD1 Turntables and a reaaaaallllyyy shit 2 channel Gemini Mixer.

You used to need to wiggle the RCA connections on the back of the decks to get both channels working after one got dropped down some stairs coming home from a house party.

Highly recommended setup for beginners, it's so terrible the first time you mix on something decent you realise you're a superstar.

1 Yamaha P-550 turntable w/ 4% pitch control, wooden base with suspension Sony turntable with no pitch, and a Radio Shack mixer with the crossfader.
    Used Record Shopper

Tech Mentor

I didn't even own any gear for the first few years I started dj'ing. I carried a bag of records with me at all times. I'd go to friend's houses and play with them. I'd go to house parties and ask to jump on the decks. I was pretty nomadic anyway and crashed on a lot of couches. Then, about 4 years later, I got settled, bought a pair of 1200's and a Numark mixer with some Alesis MK1 620's and M447's. I still have one of the 1200's. The Alesis' lasted me damn near a decade and the rest of the gear was jacked from a house party.

i had a really really old vestax mixer and a pair of numark tt200s. I remember having no idea what eqs did haha
    Maschine Routine with live musicians
    http://youtu.be/ubEQZSvocto
    fb: http://www.facebook.com/djizn

Quote Originally Posted by IznremiX View Post
    i had a really really old vestax mixer and a pair of numark tt200s. I remember having no idea what eqs did haha
    I remember spending my first few months mixing with a broken needle at one point it had a little bit of tape holding it all together. It worked out as long as no one bumped it.

Thank god I had such shit taste in music back then none of the records I thrashed ever meant much too me.

2x Gemini XL-500mkIIs and a Citronic MSX-1 mixer.

First digital setup was a Hercules RMX and Traktor
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast