Stupid iTunes question
    Tech Wizard

Default Stupid iTunes question

This is regarding organizing your collection via this method:
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2008/12/0...es-power-tips/

Once you make folders on your hard drive with genres and sub-genres and you start adding songs to the corresponding folders, how do we get those songs into itunes? Do I just drag the folders into iTunes Library and let it sort them out via the smart playlist settings that place them in the proper sub-genre playlist? And next week when new songs pop up in those sub-genre folders, drag them into library again? Please help if you know... Im about to re-do my whole collecton based on this smart playlist/star rating method.

I love the organizing technique explained in that post but cant figure out one of this basic question...

I don't make seperate folders on my hd. I let itunes organise everything.

NB this advice below will loose you all playlists. If you want to keep a track record of some playlists, highlight all songs in playlist and write playlist name in comment section.

Have you got all your music stored in one place at the moment? ie in itunes music?

If not, my first suggestion would be to copy your entire library to one temporary folder (say on an external hd)

then delete all the music from your library once it is all copied to this temporary folder.

then go back to your itunes and make sure you have both boxes ticked under preferences "organise..." and "copy my music..."

then copy them all back and itunes will create "copies" and put them all in "itunes music" folder. All organised and in artist folder etc.

Then start building smart playlists ie follow the article
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.