NI, why this? What does this mean? (Z4 speculation) - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73
  1. #21
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    2,122

    Default

    It's pretty much why I never buy new or market price. If I buy used, I can always recover a good chunk of my money unless I'm keeping it for several generations.

    That said, as several people have said, NI has been known to do summer sales. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much for a new controller.

  2. #22
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign
    You and me both :-\ Z2 + Zomo MC-1000 dude...
    Hmmm... Can the Zomo do anything that the Z2 can't? I mean, the Z2 has all of the browser/FX/loop controls that the Zomo does, right?

    Now: DJM850 + Zomo MC1000 + Dicers!?!?

    That is a KILLER set-up.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Hmmm... Can the Zomo do anything that the Z2 can't? I mean, the Z2 has all of the browser/FX/loop controls that the Zomo does, right?

    Now: DJM850 + Zomo MC1000 + Dicers!?!?

    That is a KILLER set-up.
    Nope, the Z2 only has a single FX knob/button and a Dry/Wet knob per side. Adding the Zomo will give you a nice big CUP button, a couple more encoders, and between it and the Z2 will give you all 8 cuepoints (if you use the Sync button on the Zomo as a cuepoint).

    If the Z2 was a little wider (Z4, maybe?), then it'd literally be the PERFECT combination. As it stands, it'd still be pretty epic though.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

  4. #24
    Tech Guru DjLiquitATL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chatt-town, TN
    Posts
    913

    Default

    I got that email too...prob going to snag it now for sure
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

  5. #25
    Tech Guru jprime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Comox Valley, Canada
    Posts
    681

    Default

    I`d consider trying Traktor again if a Z4 mixer came out. Not sure how long I can wait for serato to merge SSL & SDJ for turntable/controller integration.

  6. #26
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Z2 or not Z2, that is the question...

  7. #27
    Tech Guru Patch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    6,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch
    Patch
    Hmmm... Can the Zomo do anything that the Z2 can't? I mean, the Z2 has all of the browser/FX/loop controls that the Zomo does, right?

    Now: DJM850 + Zomo MC1000 + Dicers!?!?

    That is a KILLER set-up.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign
    Nope, the Z2 only has a single FX knob/button and a Dry/Wet knob per side. Adding the Zomo will give you a nice big CUP button, a couple more encoders, and between it and the Z2 will give you all 8 cuepoints (if you use the Sync button on the Zomo as a cuepoint).

    If the Z2 was a little wider (Z4, maybe?), then it'd literally be the PERFECT combination. As it stands, it'd still be pretty epic though.
    There's no denying - pretty much ANY mixer (2 or 4 channels) is VASTLY improved (and VASTLY is an under-statement!) by adding a Zomo MC-1000 to it...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

    Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

  8. #28
    Tech Wizard
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    75

    Default

    Maybe they can finally ship me my replacement faceplate ... doubt it though -_-

  9. #29
    Tech Guru DjLiquitATL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chatt-town, TN
    Posts
    913

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rukkus View Post
    Maybe they can finally ship me my replacement faceplate ... doubt it though -_-
    ha, If I ever buy it i'm clear-coating that bitch before I ever touch it
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

  10. #30
    Tech Guru papo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    Posts
    555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DjLiquitATL View Post
    ha, If I ever buy it i'm clear-coating that bitch before I ever touch it
    pretty good idea. might consider doing this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •