NI, why this? What does this mean? (Z4 speculation) - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I can't believe they are selling at that price...with a guitar center code can I get another 15% off? I mean I wasn't really in the market but that is just absurd...$510 for something with that much utility...might have to pull out of the savings for it.

I can justify taking a hit and selling my S4 for like $400 or $450 with the price that low.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Me too...

I'm torn between a Z2, DJM850, DJM900 and a DB2. DB2 is pretty sexy for the price and I want a nice new mixer as the DJM250 was only ever a stop gap. But i sort of fancy a controller i can use as a vinyl mixer too so the new pioneer R1 is looking a little tempting...

This new price drop on the Z2 is defo a spanner in the works

RGAS argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I say go BIG or RGAS is just gonna rear its ugly head again.

I drooled over the DB4 for 3 months straight before purchasing it. I figured (or tricked myself into thinking) that if I bought something other then the DB4 I'd be taking a loss every time I sell the mixer I purchased to sooth the RGAS. Then eventually end up with the DB4 in the end.

I haven't had a hint of RGAS since then... at least not for a mixer anyways...

Edit: On-topic - I think NI is gonna drop some type of new kit, question is what though.
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________

needs moar channels. still not buying one.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I'd love to see a 4 ch NI mixer. How do you think they'd do it? 4 track decks? 2 track decks and2 remix decks? 4 fully switchable channels? How many cue/hot cue buttons?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

I don't think 2+2 is their next move (that is what the z2 is after all). I wouldn't be surprised if they updated the X1 with color leds (useful to indicate cue type). It's not that it NEEDS it, just a cool and relatively simple addition.

Regarding a Z4 or whatever it's called, 4 fully switchable decks takes my vote.

PS: would love to see NI switch to nutted knobs.
    Last edited by padi_04; 06-04-2013 at 04:55 PM.

Tech Mentor

If I was in the market, I'd call ZZsounds, get them to price match and put it on the payment plan.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SlayForMoney View Post
    true. first they made a "bad" purchase, then they get raped with this price drop.
    Lots of people are very happy with their Z2 and as such would not consider it a bad purchase. Not everyone needs a 4 (or even a 2+2) channel mixer.

When you buy any new product you know that at some point the price will come down. Perhaps not this soon. You have a choice to buy it when it comes out or wait in the knowledge that at some point it will be cheaper.

This is not some unique NI business model.
    TSP2.6.5 | Kontrol Z2 | Technics 1210M3D x2 | TMA-1 | Wharfedale 8.1 ProActive x2 | MacBookPro 8,1 (OSX 10.9 2.0GHz, i7, 8GB/1TB Hybrid)

Tech Mentor

There's a used one on EBay for $500 with 31 bids. LOL

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by willisnz View Post
    Lots of people are very happy with their Z2 and as such would not consider it a bad purchase. Not everyone needs a 4 (or even a 2+2) channel mixer.

When you buy any new product you know that at some point the price will come down. Perhaps not this soon. You have a choice to buy it when it comes out or wait in the knowledge that at some point it will be cheaper.

This is not some unique NI business model.
    I think that's why he put bad in quotes. To imply that it's bad for the person selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarioJ View Post
    I say go BIG or RGAS is just gonna rear its ugly head again.
    If I thought like that I'd go get this

http://www.decks.co.uk/products/cdpl...n#.Ua58b0C9LCQ

I hear what you're saying though... Honestly I'd take a db2 over a db4 anyway... I prefer the simplicity.

Soz got OT

NI gonna bring out an update to S4. I'd love hid platter separates personally
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast