NI, why this? What does this mean? (Z4 speculation) - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I honestly don't see how NI could/would release a Z4 right now...I have no doubt in my mind they have a fully functional prototype but why/where would they release it in the market?

They won't win club installs yet until there is a high enough market in traktor (like 50% of club djs atleast)....probably why they are dropping the price on the Z2. I could see alot of serato users picking up the Z2 just to try it out at this price, especially thinking the price will go back up and they can get their money back.

So from my opinion, I think they are just trying to increase market share of traktor. Which is good for current traktor users because it means there may be more clubs with traktor boxes (I have not seen one yet!)

Back to the Z4....the Z2 will go back up to 700 atleast after the sale. So to release a Z4 and have anyone buy the Z2 they will need to price it around $950-$1000(minimum). For that price, the Z4 will be same quality (components) as the Z2.

Do you think most dj's would buy a Z2 with four line channels compared to a DJM 850 for $100 more? I know I would still either buy a Z2 or a DJM-700/850/900 if the Z4 was priced at $950 to $1000. Also, to have the Z4 be a club install mixer the quality would need to go up ALOT, so price would need to go up to around $1200...

The djm's are already certified so traktor can't win on that feature, so basically they have buttons/integration to compete against pioneers onboard effects/industry leader/higher quality or A&H sound quality/effects/etc. Do you think they would win?

I welcome all arguments/comments but they better have some solid evidence, not just blah blah blah im an NI fanboy...giving a warning ahead of time so I can bash

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    I honestly don't see how NI could/would release a Z4 right now...I have no doubt in my mind they have a fully functional prototype but why/where would they release it in the market?

They won't win club installs yet until there is a high enough market in traktor (like 50% of club djs atleast)....probably why they are dropping the price on the Z2. I could see alot of serato users picking up the Z2 just to try it out at this price, especially thinking the price will go back up and they can get their money back.

So from my opinion, I think they are just trying to increase market share of traktor. Which is good for current traktor users because it means there may be more clubs with traktor boxes (I have not seen one yet!)

Back to the Z4....the Z2 will go back up to 700 atleast after the sale. So to release a Z4 and have anyone buy the Z2 they will need to price it around $950-$1000(minimum). For that price, the Z4 will be same quality (components) as the Z2.

Do you think most dj's would buy a Z2 with four line channels compared to a DJM 850 for $100 more? I know I would still either buy a Z2 or a DJM-700/850/900 if the Z4 was priced at $950 to $1000. Also, to have the Z4 be a club install mixer the quality would need to go up ALOT, so price would need to go up to around $1200...

The djm's are already certified so traktor can't win on that feature, so basically they have buttons/integration to compete against pioneers onboard effects/industry leader/higher quality or A&H sound quality/effects/etc. Do you think they would win?

I welcome all arguments/comments but they better have some solid evidence, not just blah blah blah im an NI fanboy...giving a warning ahead of time so I can bash
    While the DJM 850/900 are great Traktor certified mixers, my main issue with them is they have no midi control for Traktor. This requires an additional midi controller such as the X1, which increases the price some more. If NI released a Z4 it would surely have all the necessary midi controls for Traktor. Although you could argue that the DJM 850 is only slightly more, you have to add in the cost of midi controllers for Traktor and this also increases the footprint of your DJ setup (maybe it's just me, but I like my turntables to be as close to the mixer as possible, this is why I love the Z2, the control:size ratio is awesome).

I could see them releasing a Z4 for no more then $1000. They would likely release a new software feature that ties in with the new hardware somehow. The only challenge I see with a Z4 is the size. I'd want full controls and i'd hate for there to be a deck A/C B/D switch like the S4.

imho i wouldn´t expect a Z4 in the near future. just saying.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

The Z4 wont happen. Thanks to Pioneer mixers being Scratch Certified it is kinda useless to try and replace them as the industry standard.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks
    I think you just convinced me to by a DJM850 (K).

In Black.

To match the Zomo MC-1000 that will be SWEET with the DJM850.

EDIT: I assume that the AI in a Z2 is a Traktor A4? Same components, anyway? Anyone know what the AI is in a DJM850?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Do you guys want some bibs? ya'll are droolin.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    I think you just convinced me to by a DJM850 (K).

In Black.

To match the Zomo MC-1000 that will be SWEET with the DJM850.

EDIT: I assume that the AI in a Z2 is a Traktor A4? Same components, anyway? Anyone know what the AI is in a DJM850?
    Same as a djm900... Basically crystal clear. I did a gig plugging my laptop into djm900 with 2knex in HID with traktor and having the wave forms, playlists in order and browser show up on the cdj display with the mixer working just as it should was far and away the best set up I have ever played on.

DJM 850 is really temping too
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

the djm850 feels good. My only beef with it is that pioneer still has yet to find a way to keep their fader caps from flying off during turntablist routines. haha
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

That's what Rizla's are for!

Well, that and making a nice snug fit between record and spindle.

PRO-TIP: ALWAYS have Rizla's in your DJ bag!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    That's what Rizla's are for!

Well, that and making a nice snug fit between record and spindle.

PRO-TIP: ALWAYS have Rizla's in your DJ bag!
    I have never thought about doing that!! The crossfader cap on my MC6000 is a bit loose and falls off sometimes, thats a perfect solution!!
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast