NI, why this? What does this mean? (Z4 speculation) - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Been doing this for years. Perfect for "flyaway" fader caps!

I really prefer it to sticking label in record holes, too. Need more thickness? Fold that Rizla in half!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    the djm850 feels good. My only beef with it is that pioneer still has yet to find a way to keep their fader caps from flying off during turntablist routines. haha
    Do the caps fall off the 850 that easily? They added "P lock" caps to their newer mixers which are much harder to remove.

As for the audio interfaces I believe the Z2 has an Audio 6, whereas the DJM 850/900 have the equivalent to an Audio 8.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Yeah new pios have P lock shizzle... Much harder to remove
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Looks abit over engineered to me. But stops scallies from pinching your fader caps!!!

I assume this also stops you being able to fit chroma caps, too?
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    NI gonna bring out an update to S4. I'd love hid platter separates personally
    this.
    updated S4 or single deck controller.
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

Tech Guru

Just to clarify, I'm not hating on the Z2 or potential Z4 from my earlier post. I think that the Z2 deal right now is far and away a new value in the dj industry that has never been seen. I think the month of deals will really have an impact on the industry. That being said, I have a similar opinion to others here....NI's next move will be a standalone platter and an updated S4. I have no idea what it will involve or the features but it is the only logical step for them to make. I think they will release a media player that accepts flash drives but primarily uses HID with traktor. It will be MUCH cheaper than the PIO options but won't play CDs. I would guess it will cost $300 a piece (would make sense to be able to buy an entire traktor setup for $1300). I think the standalone platters would be a big hit too!

If I had $1000 bucks right now I would be buying the djm 850 as opposed to the Z2 but luckily this deal allows me to afford something new. Next year I will ditch the Z2 and get some 'industry-standard' gear, just need to get my sign on bonus first.

Tech Mentor

DJ TECH - TR-1S Thud Rumble Mixer

Maybe the reason for the price drop....

Is the DJ Tech Scratch certified?

Won't be much of an issue if Deckadance 2 or VDJ 8 delivers any time soon.....

Tech Mentor

I just picked up a Z2 from guitar center, with the 15% off coupon the mixer came to $550 with tax. WOO HOO!!! Now I am trying to decide if I want to pick up a pair of cdjs or turntables to go with it.

Tech Mentor

Congrats mate. Mine arrived yesterday (although I am on holiday so haven't managed to have a play yet). I had the same decision, and went for the turntables.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast