Traktor users......do you use the loop recorder?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default Traktor users......do you use the loop recorder?

Lets be honest, I forgot the thing even existed. I prob come from the old school, and have never found a way to work it into my flow, and kinda gave up. Just curious how usefull this somewhat new feature has been for others....

I have an F1 and I never use it.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Yeah, its most useful to build remix content from existing tracks, or create beat rhythms from one shots. I just got a spectra, and for now I'm just trying to build a workflow and mapping using the free content to get an idea of what I'm doing before I start filling slots with random loops. I'll probably make a separate mapping for my x1 just for the loop recorder so I don't have to touch the mouse pad while I'm working on stuff. Not something I really plan on using live, though.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Wizard

I only use it to build remix sets...

There's a Mad Zach blog/video on using it, but you should be able to map most functions.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/11/1...loop-recorder/

What's cool is that you can record from the headphone out in internal mode or use your fx send/return from your external mixer and your audio 6/10 and do post fader delays and what not. The only downside is that there is about a 3db audio drop at the input of the audio 10 in the fx loop when I hit the channel send button, so not so great for audio quality. That is why I'm wanting to scoop up a Kaoss pad 3 to put between my 707 and audio 10 because it has an adjustable input gain. That way I can boost my send channel and more importantly, I can add fx over loops as I'm recording to create buildups and other interesting loops. Plus I could also save those loops to the kaoss pad and do other things.
    Toshiba Satellite Windows 8.1, TSP2, Audio 10, Audio 2, 2x Technics 1200 MKII, Pioneer DJM-707, Midi Fighter Spectra, Kontrol X1, Behringer CMD PL-1

Tech Mentor

I've played on so many different mixers with loop recorders and never seen them used or used them.

I think it's a hardware flaw with the audio 10. So the most useful feature of the loop recorder and post fader fx is flawed when using an analogue mixer.

Never needed to. Traktor lets you set a loop then drag that loop directly to the sample or remix deck or any deck. the only time i've used the sample recorder was for recording the mic.... i mean i guess i would use the sample recorder if I was mixing more than 4 decks at a time because Traktor only supports 4 decks I'm an oldschool virtual dj user the most decks i've set up is 10 and the experience was more like Ableton launching clips rather than holding mixes no sync but all pre beatgrided and all same bpm.

I use the loop recorder while mixing. Mainly to keep a loop going so I can free up the deck for another track. Occasionally I'll use it to record a loop of the main output so I can load up all the decks with new tracks/remix sets.

Also, as said before, to make samples. I like recording new loops/samples from songs using the Fx. The slicer on drums or vocals is my overused Fx for this purpose.

Sometimes to get a clean instrumental or vocal loop you have to make a loop, but to take out unwanted elements (like a vocal that starts on the last beat or a crash on the first beat) the loop doesn't start on the right beat. Easily fixed with the loop recorder.

You can also record a cue juggle, vocal from mic with Fx, a live instrument, etc.

So yeah, mostly for same making samples. Lol.
    I do wish I could channel Beardyman or DubFx and do a routine using the loop recorder.

The thing about the Loop Recorder, is you can overdub.

Meaning that you can add to a loop that you just recorded, building a sample out of multiple loops.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast